Pathfinder 1E Looking for third party products

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Does anyone know where I can find information about upcoming 3rd party products for Pathfinder? I'd like print sources, not PDFs. Also, does anyone know what the third big Pathfinder book is this year? I really, really, reallly hope it's another Bestiary.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
You could always print out the PDFs :cool:

Haven't had time to pay that much attention, to me it looks like most 3rd party stuff is PDF, I would really like more printed versions as well though.

The Mythic Adventurers isn't for epic-level (high level) play. It's to create more powerful characters, they gain new/different/more powerful abilities as they level up. Not as powerful as gestalt, but think an in-between from a normal character and a gestalt. The play-test for it was/is downloadable from the Paizo site here.

There's a schedule of products that Paizo has up here. The next in line to be published in print is the Animal Archive it says February.

If it's 3rd PP you are looking for:
RPGNOW
Rite Publishing
Drive Thru RPG

RACER_X?HAHAHA

First Post
Alluria Publishing offer print products. So far most of their stuff is niche in its appeal (underwater sourcebooks) but I hear they're thinking about doing more stuff. They have a facebook page, it updates a few times a month about upcoming products.

Kinak

First Post
On Mythic Adventures, it can be used like the old Epic Level handbook (adding more "levels" to the end of an adventuring career) or spreading more power throughout. It looks pretty interesting.

It's worth mentioning that if you want psionics in Pathfinder, Dreamscarred Press is your go-to publisher. Some of their stuff is available in print.

Cheers!
Kinak

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
On Mythic Adventures, it can be used like the old Epic Level handbook (adding more "levels" to the end of an adventuring career) or spreading more power throughout. It looks pretty interesting.

I haven't looked at the playtest, but post-20 3E era gaming hasn't been accomplished successfully yet, IMO (heck, post-15 3E era gaming hasn't). I was hoping the Paizo crew had finally cracked it! If they haven't, I think it's time to accept it'll never be done well. It's been 10 years on that math base.

I should look at it. I automatically assumed it was their Epic Level Handbook. I really should pay more attention!

Kinak

First Post
I haven't looked at the playtest, but post-20 3E era gaming hasn't been accomplished successfully yet, IMO (heck, post-15 3E era gaming hasn't). I was hoping the Paizo crew had finally cracked it! If they haven't, I think it's time to accept it'll never be done well. It's been 10 years on that math base.
Agreed. If they can't get it, I doubt anyone can.

One of the things I think is most promising about it is that, if you plan for a Mythic game from the start, you can actually integrate it throughout the campaign. So by the time players hit level 15, they could already have Mythic powers and be taking on threats well past CR 20.

It's possible mid-level play with Mythic characters falls into the same problems as high-level play, but I'm excited to give it a try.

I should look at it. I automatically assumed it was their Epic Level Handbook. I really should pay more attention!
It feels intended to cover the same ground, but uses completely different mechanics. It can bridge the gap from CR 20+ to CR 30+, but does it without extending the existing classes or relying on XP advancement.

Cheers!
Kinak

Remove ads