The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

Shayuri

First Post
Myfanwy takes in the general atmosphere and takes a deep breath. The people reeked not just of fear, but of resignation. They were giving in to despair, accepting of the inevitable. It was sad. It also painted the Lord Meirion in a more sympathetic light. He'd come some distance and taken some pains asking for help. Yes, he stood to gain, but he also seemed to care at least some for the well-being of these folk.

"So. Beyond this priest, any ideas how to unravel this mystery?" she inquired of the others.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Speaking directly with those people who have been affected by these ominous activities may help. Perhaps we can piece together some pattern that has been overlooked." suggests Fianol.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Lord Meirion looks up from his trencher of venison.

"When last I left, Rhonabwy the butcher's boy, was taken ill," he says, gesturing with his knife. "If he still lives, he'll be in the sick-house, next to the chapel, where Brother Breandan can tend to him. Not that it does much good," he adds. "He was a strong lad, he might still be with us, if it please God."

ghostcat

First Post
Quint is quite during the meal and concentrates on his food. Only when talk turns to planning does he interject "In the morning, I'll question some of the people who have seen the walking corpse and see if I can find out where it was seen. I'll then go and see if there are any signs of tracks. When I have done that I will also check the sites of the accidents.".

Shayuri

First Post
"I'll go to the sick-house then," Myfanwy offers. "I've seen a fair few illnesses take their course. Maybe I'll recognize some of the signs of it...or can at least do something to ease their suffering."

Dr Simon

Explorer
After eating the group heads over to the chapel and sick-house. Crossing the compound, Quint catches sight of a young woman, heavily pregnant, watching them from a nearby doorway. She pulls her hood down over her face and darts inside as soon as she sees that she has been spotted.

A young-looking monk, clad in the black habit of a Benedictine, emerges from the door of the chapel.

"Welcome, in the name of the Lord," he says with hint of brogue. "I am Brother Breandan, you'll have come from the Lord Llewellyn, am I right? Please come in. How can I be of assistance, now?"

Kaodi

Hero
"If you could tell us everything you know and have witnessed in relation to the happenings that have brought us here, that would be a start," answers Gwyneira in a solemn voice. "Perhaps we should step inside, unless you have parishioners with you. Best not to upset folks unnecessarily with our discussions."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Breandan bobs his head.

"Of course," he says, beckoning the group into the chapel. "It's a cold night to be standing outside. We'll not be disturbing anyone in here. There's poor Rhonabwy next door, but he's sleeping."

Just inside the chapel is another monk, an older man with a round face and a beatific smile, busy lighting candles. He scurries over to the group, bobbing and bowing as he approaches. He stops short of the group and utters a phrase in Latin.

[sblock=Latin]
"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire"

[sblock=Knowledge (religion) DC 12]
From the Book of Revelations (1:14)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

"Don't be frightening the guests now, Alwyn," says Breandan. "Away with you and stoke the fire up, these people want warmth, not your bletherings." He says this affectionately, and the older monk scurries away again, still smiling. "Don't let Brother Alwyn alarm you," says Breandan. "His wits are a little addled but he has a good soul. Come through to the parlour where it's warm. There's a lot to tell, will you be wanting me to start with the dreams, or the ghost?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Ah, well, that would be the dreams," says the monk as he leads the group into a small room off the chapel. Brother Alwyn has got a good fire going and the room is warm, if sparesly furnished. "Can I offer you anything? Brother Alwyn usually takes a bit of warm milk and honey this time of the night, but I think I could find got a drop of wine if you prefer?

"Anyway, so. I can't give you all the details as people have confessed to me in confidence, but a fair number have been having dreams of, shall we say, a lustful nature. Now, dreams are dreams, there's no sin in that as far as I'm concerned. Sin is in action, not in thought, and especially not in thought when we're asleep. But as this went on I pieced together a few odd things. People were waking up tired and drained of energy, like these dreams were doin g more than giving them a restless night. And these people have a very vivid description of the woman, or man, in these dreams, and it's always the same one. Or two. Whichever. Does this mean anything to you?"

[sblock=OOC]
Knowledge (arcana) checks to see if it does. Any result under 12, no. Anything over and I'll give you information accordingly.
[/sblock]

Remove ads