The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

Kaodi

Hero
"Thank you for the offer, but Lord Meirion has already fed us well enough I think," says Gwyneira with a polite smile.

ghostcat

First Post
Quint accepts Brother Alwyn's offer of some warm milk and honey and sits quietly sipping is milk listening to the priest's tale. As dreams are well outside his area of expertise, he leaves it to the others to answer.

Shayuri

First Post
"Fevers, or lack of water from vomiting or other conditions can lead to dreamlike visions," Myfanwy muses. "I wouldn't expect it to be that regular, or so consistent in what happens though. Are these dreams related to the illness?"

(Untrained in Knowledge: Arcana :))

doghead

thotd
Brother Breandan pauses for a moment to give the question some thought.

"Yes. No. I think so. Its hard to say.

"Not all of those who have fallen sick have reported having such dreams. And some who have had them remain well.

"The season has been quite hard and so people are going hungry. Some of them have been forced to scrounge in the forest to supplement the pot - berries, roots, mushrooms, grasses and things. Not all of them know what they are eating.

Brother Breanden shrugs helplessly.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: In case anyone missed the exchange in the OOC thread, I've handed Brother Breandan over to Doghead to run, nobody panic!

ghostcat

First Post
Now this is something that Quint does know about.So after a moments thought he interjects "Eating the wrong berries and fungi can make you ill, usually vomiting and fever but some fungi can be deadly. They can also cause hallucinations but I have never heard of everyone having the same dream. Also they can cause waking dreams, which could explain the zombies. But there again having the same hallucination is unusual." Quint thinks some more and finishes "On the whole I would be inclined to discard this as a cause of the malady but I don't think it should be rejected entirely."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gwyneira is pretty sure that neither malady can have been caused by any common, or less common plant. She can't absolutely rule out some rare or obscure plant or fungus that she hasn't heard of.

doghead

thotd
Brother Breandan nods slowly.

"Yes," he concludes reluctantly.

"Yes that seems to be the case. I am not as learned as some of the Brothers about herbs and fungi and such. But I too cannot think of anything that would either. I was suppose that I was still hoping you might have a simple, a mundane, solution so far overlooked."

The Brother plucks distractedly at his robe.

"Folk are often quick to blame evil spirits and dark magics for any misfortune they don't understand. Often it is unjustified I have found. But this is an old land, and the Lord's light has only just arrived. There is magic here that is as old as the land, and some of it dangerous.

"Huw Honey-Voice, he is ... he was the court bard, had something he wanted to tell me apparently. But then came down with the disease and died. I wish I had had the chance to talk to him. He was very knowledgeable about many things, including the old ways. Perhaps then I could have been more helpful.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Sorry for my lack of posting lately. After abandoning my studies and working briefly as a PCA, I had a successful interview and will start my training as an optician. The preparations for the required tests took much of my time.

Remove ads