The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

ghostcat

First Post
Quint yawns then looks in his cup. He sniffs the cup then runs his finger round the inside and collects a few drops of the milk, which he proceeds to test with his tongue. Yawning some more he says "I am sorry to say this Brother Breandan but the milk and honey was drugged" yawn "That's why Brother Alwyn and I are so sleepy." yawn "Any chance of asking Brother Alwyn if he did anything out of the ordinary when making the milk?" yawn "Also can you show me where the milk is keep."

Yawning madly, Quint follows Brother Breandan and check to see if its the milk that has been drugged.

Walking Dad

First Post
Daunton Du Duchnain

"Extraordinary. I can only determine if magic was used to modify the milk, but one needs a more specialized spell to detect mundane poisons. A priest should be able to pray for this ability." Daunton suggests before reciting a quick spell to detect magic on the liquid.

doghead

thotd
"I am sorry to say this Brother Breandan but the milk and honey was drugged". yawn . "That's why Brother Alwyn and I are so sleepy." yawn "Any chance of asking Brother Alwyn if he did anything out of the ordinary when making the milk?" yawn "Also can you show me where the milk is keep."

Brother Breanden looks around startled.

"Drugged? ... Um. No. That can't be ...," Brother Breanden tugs at his robe.

"Brother Alwyn, Could you stay here with young Rhonabwy and the ... um, guests."

"Um, yes the milk. This way." Brother Breaden motions for Quint to follow him back to the parlour.

Yawning madly, Quint follows Brother Breandan and check to see if its the milk that has been drugged.

Back at the palor, Brother Breaden busies himself clattering around the small kitchen space before turning to Quint.

"The milk was drugged. Sorry. I must have used the same spoon in your milk as Brother Alwyn's," he says rapidly, holding up a jar. "Um, yes. See the spoon is missing. I try not to mix implements. Unfortunate accidents can ... um, well, ... you know. Sorry. Don't worry, it won't hurt you. Hopefully. I have to make the mixture quite strong now as Brother Alwyn has become quite resistant. But you wouldn't have got much. You shouldn't have any problems. Unless you really need to stay awake.

"It the events, see. Poor old Brother Alwyn was getting quite distressed. He lost a few friends. Well everyone was Alwyns friend. He really is quiet a gentle soul. Its hard not to like him. So I just wanted to help him sleep."

Brother Breaden stops talking suddenly. He tugs at his robe, then laughs nervously.

"Sorry, I am prattling on. You caught me by surprise. I ... um, you won't mention ... um, its not really a secret, its just that I haven't really said anything .. well, no on really asked.

He turns and stares intently at Quint.

"Your friends are wrong. There is something more than fever at work here."

His voice is strained. Beads of sweat break out on his forehead. Then all of sudden he turns away and busies himself restoring some order to the kitchen.

"Sorry," he says, speaking to the jars and bowls. "The last few weeks have been hard on everyone. We are all jumping at shadows."

Shayuri

First Post
Myfanwy rubbed her temples, trying to keep her temper under control.

"This is becoming a farce," she informed Breaden tartly. "How are we supposed to be accomplishing anything when you leave this sort of thing out? And then drug one of us in the process. As for this affliction, if you have some reason to say I'm wrong, then by all means share it. Otherwise I am very confident in my findings."

doghead

thotd
Brother Breanden turns to Myfanwy.

"I am sorry if you think we are wasting your time with our little ... farce. I am sure the family of young Rhonabwy and the others that have died are laughing themselves to sleep as we speak.

"So, if you will excuse us, it is getting late and Brother Alwyn and myself need our sleep. It has been a long day, and tomorrow will be just as long I fear."

Brother Breanden heads into the chapel.

"Brother Alwyn! Our guests are leaving. Would you be so kind as to show them the way out."

Truning to Myfanwy he adds, "Besides, I am sure Lord Meirion will be keen to hear your ... findings."

He opens the doors to the outside and stands aside.

"Good night. May the Lord watch over you as you sleep."

ghostcat

First Post
Quint is not sure whether he believes Brother Breandan, he certainly doesn't trust him. However, there is not much he can do tonight. After telling the monk "I don't really know about disease, so I can't contradict Myfanwy. What I'm really interested in is the ghosts. Could you arrange for someone to show me where they were sighted in the morning." He then leaves with the others.

On the way back he says to Myfanwy "Myfanwy. I suggest you leave off reporting to Lord Meirion until we have a chance to investigate the ghosts."

Quint heads off to bed.

Kaodi

Hero
"If a drug administered to what is clearly a sick old man constitutes alone constitutes compelling evidence of anything then I think the standards of 'compelling' have rather shifted since last I observed them," says Gwyneira, breaking her silence. "We have already established that similar dreams cannot have been caused by any known substance. Until we have solved that one in particular I do not think we will have done our due diligence here."

Shayuri

First Post
Seething with frustration, Myfanwy nevertheless relents with the reminder that people have died.

"All right...yes. And yet, I am not wrong about the sick man. The symptoms are common, and I am very familiar with them. But...if there was something else weakening him, it could prove dangerous. Or there could be something else, more subtle, hiding behind that sickness."

"But I just want to add, that the behavior of the people we've encountered here is...not making our jobs any easier!"

She took a deep breath to calm herself. "Maybe if I can see one of the bodies of one who died, I can learn more. Have they all been buried or burned already?"

Remove ads