[Adventure] Madness at Gardmore Abbey

Dekana

Explorer
Eva's summoned demon disappears after the battle in a puff of black smoke. Her animated skeleton walks to her side and follows her silently.

The mage sighs from the exertion of using her most powerful spells all at once.

"Wow, that was a chore. But we saved the flowers!" She raises her right hand high in the air. "Yayy!" The skeleton mimics her action.

[sblock=ooc]I almost certainly would take OAs from time to time at the table, but I'd rather make my conditions simpler just for the sake of (relative) simplicity. Off-turn actions are complicated enough as it is; I nearly always missed something when I was DMing, no matter how careful the players were when laying their actions out.[/sblock]

OOC:
Maybe if you add something like "use encounter immediates if more then half of the enemies are down" that way DM may spend them for you even if they normally wouldn't meet all the conditions and yet they wouldn't be "wasted"

Monk looks with disgust at the skeleton and its mistress.
"How can you care about the flowers and yet summon demons and those...those abominations...with such abandon? I know those who practice such arts must be a little crazy, but this..." he shakes his head
"I'm sorry, it's my first time to see such madness. I hoped I'll avoid necromancers, the last one was obvious, I didn't expect one of you to be corrupted. That will teach me to judge on the outside."

OOC: [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION], nothing personal, anti-undead order of monks

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Is that all of them? Something hit me, I thought someone has thrown a boulder until the boulder got the axe in me."

The elf sighs, finds a clear patch of flowers and sits down with a sigh.
Few minutes later, he gets up.

"I'll go scout around, prepare the camp site."
Shrugging, his robe falls around him and he remains in tight fitting black suit.
"See you."

Stealth; Perception (1d20+15=21, 1d20+3=14)

OOC: Short rest. Once he got out of sight of the group, Illarion changes into an orc and continues to skulk around in widening spiral returning after about half an hour

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Illarion]You don't see any more signs of immediate danger from the orcs. It's likely that this was a hunting party and was probably not due back for many hours. It's probably safe (from orcs) to rest here, but not much longer than that.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Merri is all smiles after the fight, happy to save a little bit of nature's beauty.

OOC: Merri finished above her healing surge limit 3/2, so she is fully healed and back to 2/2 surges

Dekana

Explorer
Monk looks with disgust at the skeleton and its mistress.
"How can you care about the flowers and yet summon demons and those...those abominations...with such abandon? I know those who practice such arts must be a little crazy, but this..." he shakes his head
"I'm sorry, it's my first time to see such madness. I hoped I'll avoid necromancers, the last one was obvious, I didn't expect one of you to be corrupted. That will teach me to judge on the outside."

OOC: @Dekana, nothing personal, anti-undead order of monks
Eva lowers both arms and balls her fists in annoyance. "Don't be so stuffy! You sound just like my village elders, old man..." Eva then points to her skeleton (which points back at her, still mimicking her actions). "Besides, you don't have to be afraid of this guy. He's harmless until I tell him to kill something."

OOC: (I know Drew isn't old. He's actually a little younger than Eva.)

Are we not taking an extended rest? I thought we were about to go to sleep before we were attacked.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: You can take an extended rest. Nothing is going to happen in the middle of the night. I'm not going to continue with the next part until I return from my vacation, about 10 days from now. But feel free to continue to roleplay if you wish.

"Did you ever think that elders might me right? You may think me stuffy or old, little girl, but you're playing with things you don't really understand. They are dangerous, but they are also intelligent, don't get too cocky or you may discover your control is not as strong as you believe. And that "thing" as you call it are someones bones, someones father, grandfather or daughter, maybe loved brother. Would you raise your own fathers bones to fight for you? How about your sisters? Favorite aunt?

I'm young, just starting on the path of the dragons, but you...your on the way to Gloomwings resting place and you don't even know it."

Remove ads