Kingkiller Books

Salamandyr

Adventurer
Well, it would seem that we have come to an impasse, and I will leave it for others to decide who has the better point. If you have a chance to re-read them, I hope you find them enjoyable. And let us both hope that the third book is more tightly plotted, or at least less meandering, than Wise Man's Fear, of which there seems to be general agreement that certain parts lag. I suspect that these are also the parts that people find the most outlandish.

Anyway, happy reading.

Nellisir

Hero
Well, it would seem that we have come to an impasse, and I will leave it for others to decide who has the better point.
I have my opinion. You have your opinion. I don't consider this a contest that one of us needs to win.

If you have a chance to re-read them, I hope you find them enjoyable. .
I have found them enjoyable. I hope I continue to enjoy them. If I didn't enjoy them at all, I wouldn't be spending time in this thread. That doesn't mean I won't post about their flaws.

(For Example: Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. An amazing writer, a series that really breaks a lot of boundaries, a series that I think a lot of people should read...and a series that needs about 1/3rd of pages cut away, particularly from the later books.)

I don't consider this a contest that one of us needs to win.

You are doing it wrong. This is the internet and the argument is not over until the participants and the horse and dead on the floor, beaten to death and then some.

Anyway, the DT comparison is interesting and I agree with your assessment about those books. I just do not think the KingKiller books are worth reading.

Nellisir

Hero
You are doing it wrong.
No I'm not. Internet facist.

This is the internet and the argument is not over until the participants and the horse and dead on the floor, beaten to death and then some.
No, I think it ends with a meme. Possibly a Korean video. And a kitten. And a Nazi reference.

I agree with your assessment
I win.
(See? Doing it right.)
(There is no context on the internet)

kitten.jpg

And too good to not include...
ia.jpg

Last edited:

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
The money spent on these books would be better spent on bath salts. I've finished the audio book and hate them more now than I did before.
Time to dive into something that you know you like, for the benefit of the children of the future and your love of fantasy fiction. For me, I dove headlong back into listening to Steven Pacey's narration of Joe Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy. It's sort of like an audiobook ______ shower.

Jab jab Glokta

I thought about starting a new thread for this, but I am going to put it here... because why the hell not.

[video=youtube;PtTCCztHtXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtTCCztHtXQ[/video]

Remove ads