DMs to pay for D&D Encounter materials?

darjr

I crit!
A 32 page adventure book implies more than a few encounters unless stat blocks for 3 systems takes up too much space.
I'm not sure there are any stat blocks in the adventure. The encounters web page at http://www.wizards.com/wpn/News/Article.aspx?x=2013_06_10_DDEBaldur says
The conversion document for the adventure will be available by August 10 on at dndencounters.com.

it might be like the D&D Game Day adventure and be system less. I don't see where it says if any system will be in the book.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
I will be buying this because it is Forgotten Realms and according to rumors anyway can be run in Next format or 3rd edition, as well as 4e if one desires.

I am anxiously awaiting the sundering events so I will be buying this and running it as a Pathfinder or Next adventure.

An adventure with the ultimate purpose of fixing the Forgotten Realms is practically an instant sell for me.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
I think this is a good move for both Wizards and FLGS, as they have product to sell regarding DND in the coming months. Although the specialty reprints are nice, they are infrequent, and for some a tough sell.

Here Wizards is upping the content of the free to play packs with extra maps, and tools for the DM and players at the table with the introduction adventure. Hopefully it'll transition to better include roleplaying during the encounters than some of the previous seasons. Then for those who like the intro and want to get into it the DM, or the whole table can purchase the full adventure module.

Will this new model turn away groups, probably. Will other groups continue to play, quite probably. Heck for those who enjoy FR fiction, it might even bring in new purchasers of the product who might not have looked at it otherwise.

It's definitely a different strategy, and I'm curious to see how it develops.

caudor

Adventurer
I'm excited about the direction Wotc is headed with this strategy. I can't wait to see how the Sundering plays out.

Remove ads