[Miniatures] Dog's Bones - 2018 ->Dec 18th - Animals

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Giants: Fire & Ice

Finally some time to paint, so here are my Fire & Frost Giants...
020.JPG002.JPG003.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG012.JPG013.JPG014.JPG015.JPG018.JPG

tangleknot

Explorer
Those look awesome!

I see the Flash (the plastic seam from the mold) on your fire giant. Prior to painting use a razor blade to remove it, to prevent it from leaving a line down your miniature.

Best of luck!

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Those look awesome!

I see the Flash (the plastic seam from the mold) on your fire giant. Prior to painting use a razor blade to remove it, to prevent it from leaving a line down your miniature.

Best of luck!

Thanks. I try to catch the flashing when it's obvious, but apparently missed that one. Curse my aging eyes!

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Now For Sale

Well, due to economic forces, I have decided to sell select Painted miniatures. So, if you've like what you've seen in this thread, please go on over the EN World's "Sell & Buy"Classifieds system and check things out.

Thanks for all your views! This thread has kept me motivated to keep painting!

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Have you considered using some sort of magnification while painting? A lot of folks use Optivisors or some other kind of magnifier. I personally disassembled a couple of those tabletop magnifiers with the alligator clips on articulated arms to hold things and frankensteined together a nice long articulated arm with a 5X magnifying glass on it.
One thing you can do is use your camera to check your work - take pics of the areas you're painting and make notes of where you've make mistakes, then go back and touch them up. If your camera has a viewscreen on it, keep it nearby as you work and snap pics as you go to check your work.

I use a combination of things: dedicated glasses, magnifying glass, etc. I do sometimes go back and touch up minis after I've taken close up pictures. However, for the most part a lot of the things you see in these close up photos are not very noticeable at "Tabletop" viewing -- which is what I'm going for. (But the perfectionist in me still tries to improve techniques as I go along.)

Thanks!

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
After a long break, able to get back to some painting! I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with this model, but based on horn placement, I went with :
"Gargantuan Corrupted Bronze Dragon"

bronze4.JPGbronze2.JPGbronze3.JPG

I've also decided to add this to my "for sale" collection. Check them out right here on EN World's Sell & Buy board. Thanks.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Orc Horde +

A quick Orc Horde (painted with my son):

003.JPG

And my 10 yr old daughter wanted in on the action too:

005.JPG

Should I be worried about "the cool blood on his swords"? :cool:

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, my Bones II arrived, so I decided I better finish up the last big item from the first set....

Colossal Skeletal Dragon:

034 (Large).JPG074 (Large) copy.jpg075 (Large) copy.jpg076 (Large) copy.jpg079 (Large).JPG081 (Large) copy.jpg

Attachments

• 080 (Large) copy.jpg
    080 (Large) copy.jpg
    855.7 KB · Views: 537

Remove ads