Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond and Manachan leave the room with the chests to check on their missing comrades, to find them slumped asleep, but unharmed, around the corner. Suddenly a bell rings and the room lurches again. Manachan just manages to roll forwards into the room to avoid being sliced in two by moving walls in the doorway. As suddenly as it started to move, the room shudders into a new position.

The corridor with the murals has gone, replaced by a room with two alcoves, one of which bears a lever.

[sblock=OOC]
Ignatius and Mhairi are both in a magical sleep. I was kind an re-united the party before moving the dungeon...

Arkona Labyrinth 7.jpg
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Hey, sleeping beauties, no sleeping on the job."

Edmond nudges Ignatius and gently shakes Mhairri.
"Wake up, girl, The Watch is coming!" he mock whispers

Dr Simon

Explorer
Neither Ignatius nor Mhairi respond to this - normal methods of awakening someone do not seem to be enough against this deep magical sleep.

Neurotic

OOC: Would non-lethal damage work? If yes, Edmond slaps them both until they awaken. If real damage is needed then they get frostbitten for 1d3 :(

Cover them so they get resist cold 1 or 2 :p

Dr Simon

Explorer
Slapping and shaking doesn't waken the sleepers, and they don't respond either when Edmond resorts to pricking them with point of a dagger or dousing them in magical frost. Apart from their utter withdrawal from the world, they appear to merely be asleep. Mhairi even shifts in her sleep and mutters something.

Dr Simon

Explorer
With no evident way to wake the sleepers, the only option seems to wait. The dungeon shifts three more times during this period, returning the configuration to how it was before Mhairi and Ignatius triggered the symbol. Finally they awake, with no other ill effects. Fortunately, the effects of the earlier symbol of pain begin to wear off as well, so the wait seems to have been beneficial.

But there are sounds of someone or something moving from down the corridor behind you (the one with the disturbing murals).

[sblock=OOC]
Meh, boring trap. Also I realised that Mhairi's a half-elf and shouldn't have been affected by it anyway!
Edmond and Manachan should now be in the same room as Mhairi and Ignatius. The sounds are coming from where they were (and are still marked on the map).

Arkona Labyrinth 6.jpg
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Good morning! Just in time for some action."
Edmond stands blocking the door for anyone trying to enter.

OOC: Edmond covered the symbol while waited, just in case it resets also. Edmond stands so that he can trip anyone steping into the doorway.

Kaodi

Hero
The ifrit yawns and then swallows once before opening his eyes. "Wher- , ugh, what happened?" Ignatius has an idea of course, but he is a bit groggy after the impromptu nap. Climbing to his feet he touches his temple with one finger and gives his head a bit of a shake. "Anything interesting happen while I was out?"

Axel

First Post
As she returned to consciousness Mhairi sighed contentedly and stretched like a cat. "I must've needed that, gods do I feel a lot better. What'd I miss?"

Remove ads