Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
There is definitely someone coming down the corridor. Stealthily, but not quite enough, and it's not like there's anywhere to hide. It's Vencarlo. Looking battered, clad only in rags and clutching a kukri rather than his accustomed rapier. He stops a short distance away and regards you carefully. Then his face breaks out into a grin.

"My friends!" he says. "This is beyond my wildest hopes! Unless..." He looks cautious. "You're not prisoners too? No, you're armed. How did you come to be here?"

OOC: Apologies for the slow updates. Not only is it a busy time at work, I'm shortly changing jobs and moving, so expect patchy service for the next few weeks!

Axel

First Post
Mhairi, still sitting, runs at her eyes and face. "Ok, I definitely missed something important. Thanks for waking me guys..." she mutters before standing.

"Don't think I've had the pleasure, sir. Call me Mhairi," she says, offering her hand. "You must be Vencarlo. Someone's gone to a lot of trouble to keep you out of sight."

Kaodi

Hero
The ifrit nods. "Ignatius," he introduces himself. "Though I am often known descriptively as 'Crazy Ignatius'. To put it simply we got here by asking Glorio Arkona nicely. As he tells it you are the 'guest' of one of his relations."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Mhairi, Ignatius," says Vencarlo with a slight bow. "So he told you that, did he? Then, my friends, you've been lied to. It was Glorio himself who put me here, after I went to him for help. As you can see, however, nobody keeps Vencarlo Orisini prisoner for long. Although, having escaped my cell I now find myself trapped in this shifting labyrinth," he adds, slightly abashed.

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius sighs. "And he seemed such a gentlemen too," he says, disappointed. Hefting his morningstar he adds, "Well, at least he was a bit more sporting with us."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi frowns, not believing Vencarlo. But not disbelieving him either. "That doesn't make any sense. If the Arkona's wanted you gone, why aren't you just dead? And likewise for us? We're only four people, which can't be hard for any group as powerful as the Arkona's to quietly erase. And you, well you're only you..."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Hello, Vencarlo. Were you treated well? How did you escape? We came for you, so at least part of the mission is accomplished. Now we get out and sort everything from outside."
Edmond voice as always sounds like he's reading a list of supplies instead of being happy for Orisini escaping.

OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], any magic on him?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!

Dr Simon

Explorer
Vencarlo looks cautiously at Mhairi.

"I think that Glorio likes to toy with his prisoners. I've no doubt that you, and I, would be destined to die when he wishes, but not until he's grown bored of playing with us." He then regards Edmond with the same cautious stare. "As to how I escaped, my friend, I was unguarded and free from bonds. As I said, I think Arkona considers this labyrinth to be prison enough. I mean, we aren't free yet.... We need to find a lever to pull. Have you tried through that door ahead? This area is new to me."

[sblock=Edmond]
Vencarlo's kukri is magical.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi considers Vencarlo's information before replying. "Probably safe to assume he can see or hear everything going on. Or both..." she trailed off, before raising both hands in an obscene gesture and turning full circle. "See that Gloirio? That's what I'm going to do to you once I get out!"

Visibly calming herself, Mhairi continued, "We haven't been too many places, though something knocked me out cold here. I don't think we got more than three or four levers in."

Remove ads