OotS 909

I wonder if we're going to see evil Durkon's new domains in action. The template application to a cleric is a bit unclear under the rules. The character's alignment changes to evil; he changes to rebuke undead and spontaneously casts inflict spells; and domains change to two of these: Chaos, Destruction, Evil, or Trickery. But how can the domains change without changing deity?

While evil undead Durkon makes me sad, I am looking forward to seeing how it will twist the story -- and how Durkon now returns to his homeland.

Rune

Once A Fool
The fact that he now prepares spells at dusk does seem to suggest a change in Patron Deity after all.

While I do believe that Durkon is now in the service of Nergal, let me play Devil's Advocate for a moment here and say that I think preparing spells at dusk is more indicative of Durkon's being a nocturnal creature, now.

Could he not still be in Thor's service, representing Thor's darker side?

Does Thor have a dark side?

I struggle with understanding from either a story or mechanical standpoint why a character that retains (or in this case, regains) free will would be forced to change deities. Voluntarily, sure.

Same with alignment. Setting aside for the moment that the rules say "all vampires are evil", if Durkon's a free-willed vampire, couldn't he be neutral or good? Is it possible for a character with evil alignment to perform only non-evil actions, and if so, is the character actually evil?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases