The Center of Time OOC Discussion

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Depending on how fast they get back to me, we might not have to. Let us proceed for the moment, and if it becomes evident they'll need a few days, I'll let everyone know.

Shadowsmith

Explorer
I'm one of those you contacted on rpol. Looking at the characters you already have, there are two characters I would like to put forth as potential characters to join the group:

Deerbrook, the Graceful Glaive who Fights with Panache. (Could easily be made into a Jack.)
Wisco, the Tough Nano who Lives in the Wilderness.

If it would help, I do have two other character ideas who would be fun:

Finnian MacKorm, the Tough Glaive who Rages
Zeth'ian, the Clever Nano who Murders (could be changed to Jack easily)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Deerbrook would probably get along with Duncan, though more in the opposites category, or I could see him being friends with Seregal. Wisco would be extremely useful in any number of upcoming situations, and could be a friend to Echo. ;) I could see Finnian and Duncan probably getting into an arm-wrestling competition at some point. Zeth'ian... oo, he might get along with Antor.

Just my initial impressions - any one of these could work well, and the rest of the players might have their own two coppers. :)

Shayuri

First Post
A potential point of interface: Echo has stated a couple of times that she arrived in the city with others she'd been traveling with. Now at first I intended that to mean other PCs, but that didn't pan out. However, it could easily be that one or more of the folks she came up here with noticed her going into that taven and decided to check it out as well.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Shadowsmith - We could probably use another nano in the party, but truly any of them would be a good choice (and I do mean that, pick the one that excites you the most, all have good points). Anyone you choose, go ahead and knock together a character sheet and put it in the Rogue's Gallery (link is in the first post of this thread), and I'll roll you up some cyphers and an oddity. I'll have you already talking to Sevarr Trim in the IC thread so we can introduce you right off the bat.

Shadowsmith

Explorer
I admit, I'm really torn between Deerbrook and Wisco. I guess I have one question that can put it to rest.

My concept for Deerbrook is that he is a humanoid squirrel. His 'father' was an explorer who discovered the infant trapped in stasis deep in some ancient ruins. He adopted the young squirrel boy and raised him best he could.

Deerbrook is an active and energetic man. He is quite proud of his impressive tail. His fighting style is highly acrobatic and flashy focusing on quick light strikes.

Would such a non-human work in your game?

Wisco would be a much more ordinary human. One who is scarred and weathered yet stands strong.

Shadowsmith

Explorer
That's fine. Not actually inspired by the Redwall books as I haven't read them. He was inspired by an old game called Lords of Creation.

Expect Wisco shortly then.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Cypers for Wisco -

Adhesion clamps (lvl 6) - gloves covered with tiny hexagons
Detonation (flash) (lvl 6) - A circle of synth that goes around the wrist and launches a bead of light. (long range)
Flame retardant wall (lvl 6) - A ring marked with fine filigree and tiny, glittery nodes

Oddity - Bracelet with a tiny charm bell that rings like a massive bell when intentionally rung.

Remove ads