The Center of Time OOC Discussion

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
For symmetry I'd lean towards the glaive, being as we have two nanos, and two jacks, but only one glaive right now, but a magnetic nano would also be useful. Lay a character background on me and start knocking together a character sheet. :) Also, take a look through our IC thread (link in the first post). I'm going to have you already be involved with Sevarr Trim's caravan. Make sure your character has some pressing reason (a vision, a quest, a really good whim, something) to go into Augur-Kala. Also, I'd like you to already have met at least one other member of the party somewhere in your character's past. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
For symmetry I'd lean towards the glaive, being as we have two nanos, and two jacks, but only one glaive right now, but a magnetic nano would also be useful. Lay a character background on me and start knocking together a character sheet. :) Also, take a look through our IC thread (link in the first post). I'm going to have you already be involved with Sevarr Trim's caravan. Make sure your character has some pressing reason (a vision, a quest, a really good whim, something) to go into Augur-Kala. Also, I'd like you to already have met at least one other member of the party somewhere in your character's past. :)

Gamgee

First Post
Right-o I'll get cooking on something. I'll do a first pass on two basic backgrounds. One for the glaive and one for the nano, kind of sick with the flu. So might need to wait a little bit to get it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Right-o. If the rest of the party heads out of town before you get your character together, no worries. There are plenty of opportunities to insert your character on the road somewhere. Much rest, OJ, and chicken soup to you!

Gamgee

First Post
I'm thinking a Strong Willed Glaive who fights with Mind Over Matter. I can't remember the specific names right now, but that would be the gist of my premises. He has through some method found a way to control stuff with his mind and uses this to his advantage with his physical training.

Shadowsmith

Explorer
A telekinetic glaive sounds cool. FWIW, Wisco currently has no ties to the other PCs. He could use a connection to someone else in the group.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gamgee, here are your cyphers and your oddity:

Cypher - Magnetic Shield (lvl 5) - Tight, stretchy pale blue gloves with metal plates in the palms
Cypher - Visual Displacement Shield (lvl 4) - A cuff of purple and green metal spirals

Oddity - Shirt that displays your muscles, bones, and internal organs when you wear it. It's otherwise very comfortable.

Gamgee

First Post
Well let me know how this goes for a background. I wanted to leave it a little open to interpretation, but still have a background about him.
---
Unnamed Glaive

In the gloom of Legrash a legend was born. There are many tales amongst the desperate and downtrodden of the town as to how such a man came into existence, for it is not every day someone like this appears. He entered the darkest of caves, the foulest smelling, the ones everyone feared to go into. Just a blindfolded boy no older than you can count on a hand, and an old man. Into the ever black under the mountains they went, as sure as could be. At first they thought nothing more than two crazed people had died. All of them were surprised to see years later the boy emerged as a man, what happened to the old one none could say. Perhaps he is lost under the mountains, or gone to a better smelling place. Here is where our tale of our hero gets interesting.

He stormed into town past the guards, walking slowly the entire time. Never removing his blindfold, he even walked past the guards. When they attacked him their attacks swooshed through the air. They say the man can see even with his blindfold on. Whatever the truth they crumpled to the ground dead in the blink of an eye, a child swears he seen the man punch them three times each before they hit the ground. Scavengers who were there tell tales of bones hit so hard they crumpled into dust, others say the man used a weapon to do it. It made a blinding flash to distract people from his true weapons and magics. Guards at the scene of the crime say he walked into a home of a dangerous and crazed nano, they seen bright flashing lights come from the doorway. Old woman Tabiha never paid her taxes, every time the collectors came she waved her hands, and they would toss the gold on her table and leave with a polite goodbye. Smashing the door from its hinges like it was made from glass.

Now it just so happens one of those collectors was there, handing over some more money to the old nano. He marched on her, and she waved her hand. Now many thought right then and there he would die for trespassing, but he didn't stop. He didn't even seem to hesitate for the moment. With one kick the old woman crumpled to the ground. The guards say the strange man never took the shins as far as what passed for an investigation went, the man didn't take anything. Now why would such a strange man do such a strange thing? We don't know, but the guards set out to find him straight away. The man quiet as a shadow left town they say, on the next caravan out. If you would believe the hearsay he even made a friend, or as close to one as could be described. A man just passing through town named Wisco, but that's just a naiobian wives tale if you ask anyone from here. It's been so long since the man has been seen, many think of him as just another strange local story. Whatever the truth is I'm sure we'll find out someday.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Excuse me while I break into song:

"I've been walking through the Sheer with the Glaive With No Name, it felt good to be out of the rain. In the Sheer they don't remember your name 'cause there ain't no one there to give you no name. La-la-la-la-lalalala-la-la-la-la-la..."

Or in other works, sounds like an excellent background! Do you know your descriptor and focus yet? :)

Here's a cypher and oddity for you:

Cypher - Attractor (lvl 6) - A glove of dark blue synth that sheens green in the light. [This is occultic, so it counts as two cyphers.]

Oddity - A mirrored cube, four inches on a side.

Remove ads