The Center of Time OOC Discussion

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hi all! Sorry for the absense, I've been prepping for the playtests of a project I'm working on. I'll be starting a job on Tuesday, so posting as often as I can.

Isida: Amazing posts, as always. I really like your writing style. I'm curious as to whether the origin of the warm spot will come up in the adventure, but even if it's just a gauntlet, I'm great.

Also: I'm trying out a recipe I made: Cranana bread! Cranberries and banana bread. Fun fun fun!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Fireinthedust - congrats on the new job! We'll just assume Duncan is kicking ass, or assessing how best to avoid asses being kicked if you're not around for a couple days?

Thanks much for the compliment! I do write in my spare time, but with gaming the characters talk back to me and I don't sound loopy for saying so. :D

Cranana? Sounds intriguing...

Gamgee

First Post
Sorry for not posting. Okay two things. 1. This website was giving me some sort of error and I couldn't get on. 2. I had Thanksgiving madness to attend. I'm going to post right now.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Okiday Gamgee. And you're riding an aneen - think of something the general configuration of an ostrich, but about 10-12 feet high, with the hide and face of a cow. They're a common pack animal and food animal in the Ninth World.

Shayuri

First Post
Echo's just keeping an eye on the new symbols she's seen, trying to get a sense for where they are relative to the group. If we get close to one, or look like we're going to pass one by, she'll want to mention it to everyone...as she suspects they might mark the locations of numenera in this area.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Yep. Fightin' an cleavin' and dem houndz is wut it eez. Um... question: what are we getting that XP for exactly? Does it increase the total number to roll if they attack as a group?

Also: did my "I roll 20 d20 to save time" idea get agreed to, or am I up poop-creek on that one?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yes, sorry, should have stated that - As the broken hounds mass to attack, they go collectively up to a 3 rather than a 2, so now everyone's target number is 9. And everyone gets 1 XP.

And yes fireinthedust, you can use your list of twenties. Mind putting them in your character sheet for ease of my reference? :)

I'll wait until Tuesday evening to see if we get any more responses, and then we'll proceed with the killing. :D

iamrpgdm

Explorer
With seeing some low rolls, I just thought I'd remind everyone that you can use effort to lower the difficulty to hit/increase your defense. If they're level 3 and you use effort, then those 6's are enough to hit/defend.

Shayuri

First Post
Hm! Good point! Intellect Effort to hit, and Speed to defend I presume?

Need to reread the section on combat, it seems. :)

Isida, can I declare that after rolling, or does it have to be before?

Remove ads