What's your favorite Doctor Who line or moment?

Well, that answers the question about which mod was you on that other site. And really, too many great moments on that show for me to pick just one. Although I was most amused with the 8th Doctor's comment, "Yes! These shoes! They fit perfectly!" Although the Doctor has always had a thing for shoes I guess, Like when #3 was in the hospital, and he wasnt curious about why he was there, or what was wrong with him or anything, he wanted his shoes damnit!

Looking foward to the Time War thing they got coming up with 3 of the Doctors, even if Paul Mcgann is getting replaced with John Hurt as #8, I guess that makes #8 the longest lived Doctor, aside from the first one presumably.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
He's not being replaced by Hurt. Hurt is an additional incarnation between Mcgann and Ecclestone.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Theres no way, theyve already established that Eccleston was #9, if they try to stick another Doctor in there it will screw everything up.

Yes, it'll deliberately screw plenty of things up.

Technically, he doesn't take the name "The Doctor", so Eccleston is still the ninth incarnation of the name. But he's the tenth incarnation (which bumps Tennant to 11th and Smith to 12th).

We have a few threads about it here.

Yes, it'll deliberately screw plenty of things up.

Technically, he doesn't take the name "The Doctor", so Eccleston is still the ninth incarnation of the name. But he's the tenth incarnation (which bumps Tennant to 11th and Smith to 12th).

We have a few threads about it here.

So that means that Peter Capaldi is the last!? That means, going by the events from 'Trail of a Time Lord' he has to be the Valeyard aka the Evil Doctor, right? Between #8 and #9 would be too early. I dont know, its not making alot of sense to me, maybe once that new episode comes out it will explain things, not holding my breath though

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So that means that Peter Capaldi is the last!? That means, going by the events from 'Trail of a Time Lord' he has to be the Valeyard aka the Evil Doctor, right? Between #8 and #9 would be too early. I dont know, its not making alot of sense to me, maybe once that new episode comes out it will explain things, not holding my breath though

I'm sure the BBC won't let Capaldi be the last. There will undoubtedly be an episode before he leaves in which the limit is removed or changed in some way.

I wouldn't worry about it not making sense. It wouldn't be as much fun if you knew everything in advance, would it?

Well yeah, he did absorb of all River's remaining regens so I guess its possible he could regenerate a few more times. And theyve rebooted the universe like what, at least twice in the new series so I guess stuff from the older series doesnt really need to apply. I am looking foward to see where theyre going with this.

Remove ads