[LPF] Silent Tide

Lindeloef

First Post
"Geez, old man, no reason to scream at me. If it weren't for me, you would be down there." Robert points over the edge "All I did, was asking this guy over there a question, while Corbin has him in a situation, that promises some answers."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg

"Yargos is our best lead at the moment," Corbin says, grabbing the captive thug by the scruff of his collar and prodding him with his dagger to get him to move along with the group. "We had best follow him and get as much information as possible. As for the rest of this lot," he gestures to the rest of the unconscious thugs, "they won't be waking any time soon, nor will they die soon after the application of my protective magics. Toss their weapons into the sea so they will be no more threat and we'll inform the Whitecloaks of their location. I am certain all these witnesses can verify their criminal activities. This one," he says of the captive, "might still prove of use." Whispering into the thug's ear, dagger pointed at his back as Corbin pushes him forward, "Say a single word that is not asked of you, and you die."

As they move along following Yargos, Corbin whispers to his companions, making sure to keep the dagger pointed squarely in the captive's back to ensure his silence, "Do any of you find it a bit odd that Yargos believes the entire city is in danger due to whatever it is that has happened? That seems to be a bit above our pay grade."

Continuing after Yargos in haste, Corbin says, "Alright, old man, you said you'd fill us in on the matter at hand. We came to your aid at the behest of My. Peligrew and intend to do what we can to assist you. Why do you believe Venza is in danger of being destroyed? Is it because of that tome you were investigating? Did it contain dark secrets or some sort of power? And what do you know of this Nessian? Is he the one responsible for the theft of the tome?"

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
"what an annoying old geezer..." Robert mutters to himself.

As they move along following Yargos, Corbin whispers to his companions, making sure to keep the dagger pointed squarely in the captive's back to ensure his silence, "Do any of you find it a bit odd that Yargos believes the entire city is in danger due to whatever it is that has happened? That seems to be a bit above our pay grade."

"Indeed that seems weird, but that old fart could be insane, got hit on the head from one of those thugs, or hit his head when the human chain went over the cliff. Or maybe that's a future injury of his, when he keeps pissing me off..." Robert whispers.

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Doing her best to help the shackled old folks down the path safely and keep up with Yargos, Charity seems to have her hands full. However, she does comment on the situation while doing her best to keep everyone moving. "I won't know what is odd, and what makes sense, until we have more information," she observes quietly. Turning to Yargos, she looks at him in expectation of further information.

[sblock=ooc]
My work has gone into busy season, so I'm struggling to keep up. Yesterday was over 14 hours on the clock. I should be able to keep posting at least daily, but more than once has become difficult.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]I'm headed out this morning for a weekend get-together with a few close friends I've collected over the past 40 years or so. I'll have limited internet access and even more limited time :D, so it's unlikely I'll be doing much posting. Expect the update with Yargos' information Monday AM. If I can get to it earlier I will! I'll also update the first post with XP. This is a "Get Your Reward at the End" adventure - not a lot of treasure to be had along the way.

Good RP so far![/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yargos' Tale

Plainly more calm now that the group is moving along with him, the old scholar stops wringing his hands and begins to speak. "Some hundred and fifty years ago an armada of ships from the Western continent took up position off the coast, preparing to invade Venza. They were like a plague of locusts, but they lay hidden, waiting the signal to invade. That signal was to be given by an advance strike force, but they were to take measures to weaken strategic points within the city first. Once their bloody mayhem was achieved, they were to use prearranged signals to bring the invading force to bear on our weakened city.

"Prearranged signal lights were prepared for each phase of the offensive. A red fashing light was the sign for Black Echelon to poison Venza’s granary. A violet light with three pulses was the signal for a prearranged team to destroy the city’s bell towers, and so on. But when the mists of Spring descended, the prearranged signal lights never appeared. Unbeknownst to the hidden strike teams, the leaders of the Black Echelon infiltration cell were discovered and assassinated by brave heroes of Venza. The signal lanterns lay dark, and the rest of Black Echelon sat idle. Several hours later, the fleet’s hiding place was discovered. A quick counterattack by our navy ambushed the would-be invasion force and the armada was destroyed to the last mast. In the coming weeks, the Whitecloaks rooted out the remaining hidden members of Black Echelon and put every last one to the sword.

"The failed invasion mission, called the Silent Tide, would have amounted to little more than a cautionary footnote in a textbook of naval battles save for one crucial detail: Prior to entering Venza, each member of the Black Echelon cell swore an ancient oath, known as the Binding Word. Black Echelon pledged to fulfill their duties, no matter the barrier, no matter the cost. My studies have led me to believe that the power of the Binding Word compels these deadly saboteurs from beyond the pale, leading them to push their attack."

The scholar's tale lapses here, but you are uncertain whether this is because he has nothing else to say or in an attempt to allow you time for a question or two.

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Helping the others along, Red listens intently. Her eyebrows furrow as the story pauses, as if something critical were left unsaid. She asks, "So... one must ask... why is a 150 year old lingering threat suddenly of such importance? This implies something... changed."

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive (one hand)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Nah, I assume old geezer here found the light thingy and is afraid someone uses it by accident or on purpose and those undead spirits do their job, right?" Robert asks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases