[LPF] Silent Tide

Lindeloef

First Post
"Thank you very much, Corbin. That felt quite good, the pain in my left kidney is gone. And here I was, fearing to pee blood the next time." Robert remarks, and pats Corbin on his left shoulder as a sign of gratitude.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Robert and Corbin manage to get all of the prisoners hauled back up to the cliffside and unchained. Charity ties up the sole remaining thug and Corbin heals everyone up. Once the work is done and Corbin asks his question, the elderly historian becomes shame-faced. "Oh, I know who's behind it. And it's my fault, all my fault . . . Venza may be destroyed because of my foolishness!"

He looks around at the cliff face and the others gathered around, and wrings his hands in anxiety."Maybe we could get this fellow to the Whitecloaks while I tell you of my foolishness? Perhaps you'll help me fend off this disaster I've invited; if not, I'll need a little time to find someone who will."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
If possible, the old man's expression becomes even more forlorn at Robert's reaction. "I know! Believe me, I know and if I could undo what I've done I would . . . but the only way to fix this and to save the city is to move forward . . . please, let's get this ruffian to the Whitecloaks. I'll tell you the whole story on the way!"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg

Having spent many years traveling the road and learning to read strangers, Corbin is naturally suspicious and distrusting of the law. He has also spent little time Venza and doesn't know how trustworthy the law here can be. For all we know these thugs might have the Whitecloaks on the take. "Why are you so anxious to get these thugs to the Whitecloaks? I can think of a good way to get answers right now."

Corbin pulls out his dagger and prods the bound man towards the edge of the precipice. "That's a long way down, my friend. Tell me who you are working for now and what you were doing with these people, or you'll join your comrade whom I sent to a watery grave!"

OOC: Sense Motive on Yargos: 17 Corbin takes his measure of the man, wondering whether he truly believes the Whitecloaks will serve them justice, or whether there are truths he might be concealing by trying to rush them to the authorities.

Intimidate on the thug: 20

I believe these actions are in keeping with Corbin's CG alignment (vigilante) and ethos as a cleric of the goddess of secrets (secrets which must be revealed), in case Mowgli feels his actions need justification. Of course, the paladin might feel the need to step in...

Lindeloef

First Post
Robert is about to jump in to stop Corbin from sending unarmed, but stops as the Cleric is probably bluffing to get some answers out of the thug.

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"Nessian." A clear alto voice breaks the tense moment with an answer to the first question. "It's the name Thug Jr, here, mentioned when he gave up," Charity explains. "You might have missed it because you were busy at the moment."

"I'm not against asking further questions, of course," Charity continues. Turning to face the old man directly, she continues, "but I think we need to know what Yargos is talking about before we can ask any particularly... insightful... questions." She offers her arm to the least spry of the elders. "The walk down is likely to take a while, plenty of time for Yargos to fill us in, no?"

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]I don't think a little honest intimidation is out of alignment for a CG character, or even an LG one. However, it really seems like Yargos' plea to get the thug to the Whitecloaks is more about getting him off your hands and squared away so he can go about fixing his mistakes.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yargos looks even more agitated at this latest round of questions. He glances at the prisoner, then to the path down off the Watchcliff, and then rounds on Robert. "Did I happen to mention that VENZA WILL BE DESTROYED if we do not make haste?! I know not where Nessian is, but I know someone who does, and I'm going to him right now. I've told you I will tell you then entire story as we walk, but you stand here blathering as you question me!

"Many thanks for my rescue. Do as you will with this ruffian; I'll be going now to find my contact and start the hunt for Nessian. Perhaps Grandmaster Torch will provide me with help who know the meaning of the word haste!"

With these words, the old man spins on his heel and begins making his way down the path.

Last edited:

Remove ads