[LPF] Barrow of the Forgotten King

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Keep Free RPing over the holidays as you are able. There are actions you can take and skill checks as well for the journey if you wish. I will look at advancing the scene around 2-3 Dec after things settle down from holiday travel and family visiting.

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Turning to her dog, "Bubba, this is Jonas. He is a friend. Don't bite him." Bubba licks Jonas' hand.

Trying the same introduction with the aasimar woman, Bubba is having none of it and won't go near her. Anyone that smells of possum piddle is going to be no friend of Bubba's.
[sblock=actions]Kn Local {roll}1d20+2{/roll}
Since InvisibleCastle is down, I tried the enWorld roller and it is not working for me.
So, try Kn Local: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
for information about Kingsholm
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: In right spring loaded wrist sheath, Qalabash's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires,2 Antitoxins
Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 6/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16
.......... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mystie knows some about Kingsholm.

It is a small town that lies at the base of a series of rolling foothills. No one knows how long the community has existed, but it has to have been at least centuries. It is know to be prosperous for its size with a decent amount of trade with the dwarven clans in the hills and several merchants have storehouses there. The town is mostly human, but there are dwarves, halflings, and gnomes. A few more races present in very small numbers. People recommend staying at the Coronet and Cabbage Inn, a well established place in the town.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mirra:      08/08 HP remaining:
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
->Bubba:    16/16 HP remaining;
Jonas:      13/13 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
  Qalabash: AP 0/4, Spells 1st 0/4
  Mirra:    Bombs 0/6, Extracts 0/2
  Mystie:   Misfortune, Ch Energy 0/5, SLAs 0/3, Spells 1st 0/4
  Jonas:    Jdgmt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/2
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]I guess I expecting more from you guys in RPing and determining how you would travel and camp on your way to Kingholm without needing to be pushed by me. But with half of us busy, we have slowed down significantly.

I am back and I can advance the scene if you are ready and you are not going to worry about rolling survival/knowledge geography or determine watch rotations for your journey.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]I think I just didn't know what the expectations are for the actual journey. It's been done several different ways here - in some cases the GM handwaves the journey and jumps folks right in, and in some the journey is part of the fun . . . No time right now as I'm in the middle of getting my workday set up, but I'll try to post a little RP this afternoon/evening ;).[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash squats and allows Bubba to sniff his hand and then the magus scratches the dog's ears. With the continuous attention Bubba shakes his head causing his ears to flap loudly. Having made his acquaintance Qalabash retreats and stands up.

"Splendid animal, Miss Thissiledew, splendid. Though I've never heard of the Seeaytie breed and know nothing of their temperament this one seems even tempered enough...

Ah, good morning to you, Mirra Weathersmith! And Master Psalter!"

Qalabash sneezes at the smell of Mirra's armor and rubs absently at his nose.

"In my experience the playing of the cards for money enhances the enjoyment of the one winning the money and decreases for those losing the money. It is a formalized power/dominance contest so even if winning there is threat that those losing will shift the contest to a more physical realm. I have been caught up in many a brawl in my years over those very reasons."

Despite his hands appearing clean Qalabash dusts them off, one against the other, in a slapping motion then looks around finally turning his gaze down the road leading north. He adjusts a strap on his pack getting it placed across his shoulder in a more comfortable position then takes a firm grip on his quarterstaff. Taking a comfortable and confident stride he sets off walking and talking.

"Now, as Master Psalter has said, it is a fine day for traveling, so let us travel! Fall in, my friends, fall in! Perhaps we should share local information if any of us have anything beyond what the gnomish fellow told us. I myself, alas, am a newcomer to the region and know next to nothing... I presume we follow the road?"

His pace slows as Qalabash glances around with a keen-eyed gaze: he glances at the skies but after a moment gives a shrug of dismissal. Soon he focuses upon trees at the edge of a farmer's field, scrambles through a ditch along the road, and reaches up to pull ripe fruits from the branches. He tosses one to each of his traveling companions and then begins stuffing extra into his pack.

"Pears!"

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Untrained K(Local) (1d20+3=9)
Survival to avoid getting lost (1d20-1=17)
Survival to predict the weather (1d20-1=10)
Perception (1d20-1=18)
Survival to get along in the wild (1d20-1=19)[/sblock]

. . . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra listens intently to Qalabash's explanation. "So you're saying that some subset of the populace (maybe card-players in particular?) requires the same social hierarchy structure common to most pack animals?" She considers this. "It would seem to fit most of the data, but I can't understand why a rational person would require that kind of social structure. And according to that hypothesis, then by winning that money, shouldn't I have just become the tavern's alpha?"

[sblock=OOC]Just a reminder that I am on vacation through the 11th. Feel free to NPC me as needed.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Oh, aye, I know the way." Jonas nods as he stands from his squat with a friendly rub between the dogs ears. His voice is confident as he points down the road. "It's over there a piece. And it seems we need have no fear of going hungry on the road . . . Qalabash has us well supplied!" He smiles at the older man, then subsides into silence as he listens to the discussion between Qalabash and MIrra. Human nature is always so interesting . . .
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Perception, Survival (1d20+8=25, 1d20+6=25)
Survival (Sustenance) (1d20+6=19)
[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Mystie climbs into the saddle on Bubba and has him follow Qalabash. After a short bit, the dog is tired at looking at the legs and cloak of the man and moves to Qalabash's side, so he can see the road ahead. Since it gives the little girl a better view too, she doesn't mind at all that the dog is only generally following her directions. "Yeah, I expect that we follow the road. I am pretty sure that if there is a town on it, we won't miss the town. Towns have people. People have answers. Not always good answers, but they have answers. So, we can ask them when we get to them."

In response to Mirra's ponderings, "No. You would have to be part of the pack first, before making it up the pecking order to become the alpha. A pack of wolves will only have a wolf as an alpha. But, they do recognize the owlbear in the vicinity is a dominant threat and will treat it with respect or fear as the situation dictates."

[sblock=actions]Ride. Good thing for her it doesn't require a roll for non-stressful actions.
Mystie planned ahead. She's got a tent, food, dog food, dog food bowl. So, she has the necessities for herself.
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: In right spring loaded wrist sheath, Qalabash's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires,2 Antitoxins
Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 6/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16
.......... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 4 15:30: Arriving Kingsholm ~

You manage to make decent time over the next few days and do not get lost along the way. Taking some extra time to forage for food along the way helps preserve your rations. You find decent campsites that are secluded and protected from nocturnal predators. Or at least none find and attack you during the night.

After four days of travel you arrive to the trading town. The weather until now has been pleasant, but the sky has become overcast and is darkening either that normal as a result.

Kingsholm_zps67d678c3.jpg

Finding your way towards the center of town is the Coronet and Cabbage Inn. The place looks well established, probably servicing the town and travelers for generations.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mirra:      08/08 HP remaining:
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
->Bubba:    16/16 HP remaining;
Jonas:      13/13 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
  Qalabash: AP 0/4, Spells 1st 0/4
  Mirra:    Bombs 0/6, Extracts 0/2
  Mystie:   Misfortune, Ch Energy 0/5, SLAs 0/3, Spells 1st 0/4