[LPF] Barrow of the Forgotten King

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC/Piston Honda/Silent Tide]I think I can work The Navigator into Silent Tide. No time to look him over for bits of background or to figure it out for sure during the day today. Piston Honda, I'll PM you when I've got the details worked out for sure, but I'll get you in.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

"I'm not an adventurer! I'm a Weathersmith!" she shouts after the retreating gnome. Then she shrugs off her pack and sits back down. "What a horrible person he was. And he couldn't even calculate some really basic probabilities. Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Jonas. I'm Mirra Weathersmith: alchemist, traveler, Weathersmith. Say ... since you're from Seithr, you woldn't happen to have any copperbloom on you, would you? No? Well, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Now look what you've done! You've gone upset him and drove him away." Mystie is annoyed. "I paid for the story and details, and then you start picking things apart before I get all the information. Sheesh!"

Pondering the reservations that people are expressing, "Well, I want to check the place out. And I am not going to beg permission to do so. All that will be is us doing the work, maybe risking our necks, so the mayor of that village can take the rewards. I am not giving away a forgotten king's treasure because there happens to be a village nearby. If they can't even remember his name, they surely cannot make a claim to what is down there."
[sblock=ooc]
Umm, I am not really sure who decided to include Piston Honda in my adventure. But the polite thing to do is to at least ASK the DM beforehand. ;)

With limited openings, there are only two choices besides waiting around. But since Mowgli is privy to this game, he can decide if he would prefer to add another player for his group of three instead of playing with five in my dungeon crawl designed for four.

Either way, welcome to LPF, Piston Honda. We will get you into a game. :)
That was my fault. Sorry.
Silent Tide was already into their first battle, or had finished it up, when I told Piston Honda to jump into the new game that was still forming, a.k.a, this one. Tsaaruck was already scheduled to be the fourth over in Silent Tide, so this game seemed the natural one to put him in.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=No worries]It is okay, I am not really upset. But this is the second time someone has told a player to simply join my game without telling them to contact me first. I would not do that to anyone else, not even wearing a Judge hat. So I appreciate that I get the same courtesy in return, that's all. :)

As it happens, last time I checked (I am going to look at those threads next to see if we are still playing :p) BigB is being worked into The Curse of the Brown Auroch so I would have hashed this out in email with Mowgli days ago is someone had contacted me.

Feel free to RP and plan your journey. When it looks like you are ready to leave Venza I will advance the scene.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

"My apologies, Mystie. I didn't mean to drive off the little fellow."

Qalabash scratches at his cheek and looks a bit uneasy which quickly transforms into abashed.

"Forgive my rudeness. It is a pleasure to meet you Mirra Weathersmith and, ah, Jonas." The older human beams at the others sharing the table and exposes large, horse-like, yellowed teeth. "My name is Qalabash Baram, a magus of the Rundaine from the Pell and Rhat'matanis. Now, if we're going to do this, I recommend a good night's sleep and an early start. Nothing like traveling fresh in the morning!"

. . . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas smiles warmly at his new companions, his good humor transforming what might usually be a fearsome sight into something far more pleasant. "A pleasure MIrra, Qalabash and, ah, Mystie, is it? You're quite right, Qalabash . . . sleep is not to be missed or forsaken lightly and in this case I suppose the object of our quest has been waiting this long. It will keep another night."
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra shrugs at Mystie. "Well, if you paid for a map to this tavern's wine cellar and a story about a very expensive bottle of wine somewhere on one of the racks, I'm pretty sure the city guard and the half-orc behind the bar would still be pretty upset if you went downstairs, broke the lock, and took the bottle."

She nods to Qalabash. "Nice to meet you as well, Mr. Baram. And it will be good to have company on the walk to Kingsholm. I would have liked to have spent some time in Venza, but after fourteen years on the road, I suppose waiting another week or two won't hurt."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"But I am not going after the wine he purchased and put in his cellar, to go with your analogy. I am going after the treasure chest that an unknown pirate buried centuries before the bar owner was born. That chest just happens to be under the bar and under the cellar he built. That is the difference. The mausoleum existed before the town. And it may not even be the entrance to where we need to go. Gimble said the statue is up on the hill a distance away."

"Now do you see the difference? What I am going after does not have an owner currently. The king's spirit has already made his journey on to the next world. And if he has not returned by now, he is not returning for the things he left behind. Leaving them buried in the ground, unused, is a shame. On top of that, it can't be an outrageous amount of treasure. If it was, the people that buried him with it could have paid a priest with it to return him back to life. Those of us skilled like great grandmother are capable of such things."

"As to restless spirits, I have to deal with them all the time. Breaking their bonds that chain them to this world takes work, but can be done."

"Yes, tomorrow will be better for the trip. Running around town today was a bit tiring. I got an idea on fixing that too. It's been a long day. I almost forgot about doing it."

"So, are we agreed that we are going in there to look around for ourselves? None of this asking permission foolishness?"
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

"Indeed, indeed, Jonas. And Mystie and I have had a full day unwittingly traipsing about the city at the beck and call of a devious criminal." Qalabash frowns at his awkward phrasing. "That is: we knew we were traipsing just unaware that it was at the behest of a criminal. But now is not the time for that tale though perhaps on the road..."

Qalabash perks up at Mirra's mention of years spent traveling.

"Ah, another traveler! Perhaps you have tales of the road of your own you might share to pass the time as we walk? I am no golden throated bard but collecting tales is a hobby of mine and I would be delighted and honored to hear yours."

Turning his attention to Mystie Qalabash's lip twitches causing his mustache to waggle but he nods.

"Yes, you have convinced me with your impeccable logic and illustrative scenarios. Did you decide to acquire the palanquin? No, wait. You said you preferred less ostentation. The saddled mastiff? It is likely the better choice for maneuvering around in sunken tunnels, I'm sure, though significantly less glamorous. So! Shall we depart to acquire whatever supplies we might need for the journey and meet at the crossroads outside Venza at first light?"

. . . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Remove ads