Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: Trying to catch up to everybody else, here . . . ]

Initiative for Aeiyan: 4
1d20+3 -> [1,3] = (4)
Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4534497/
BBCode 1d20+3=4

Aeiyan reacts slowly, still glancing at and under the base that had supported the slab in hopes of finding a hidden button to firmly press to reset the maze.
"I don't see a button here, guys . . ." he begins, but by then the fight is already joined. He belatedly draws his scimitar again.

Li Shenron

Legend
The destruction of their little alcove turns the ghouls mad, and even tho they are badly wounded from the previous battle, the desperately charge against you. But you are not caught unaware...

Round 1 (or 5) starts:

Initiative:
21 - Tock 6/12hp << we are here
18 - Bartleby 9/10hp
13 - Sulannus 5/7hp
7 - Rejik 10/10hp
6 - Ghouls (2)
4 - Aeiyan 7/11hp

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Ready and prepared for the assault, Tock thrusts confidently with his halberd at the closest attacking Ghoul...

Attack 1d20+4, damage 1d10+3 = attack 6, damage 7

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4535298/

...But in his eagerness to strike he fumbles his attack slightly, and Tock gives a brief groan of frustration as the Ghoul shifts to the right and deftly avoids the weapon's blade.

[OOC: still using Protection style on myself to impose disadvantage on the first attack I'mn on the receiving end of]

Li Shenron

Legend
In a split second, the already seasoned comrades launch their attacks almost simultaneously at the charging ghouls. Bartleby's blade slices the first ghoul side to side, cutting the foul creature in half. The second ghoul is shrapnelled by Sulannus' spell and bursts into smaller portions of itself. Meanwhile, Tock's mighty blow plunges boldly into the main boulder between the ghouls, cracking the rock with a terrifying noise. A second later, the ghouls' scattered parts stop moving. Another second later, a birch tree some 50ft straight above the main boulder falls.

(end of combat)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
(OOC: Bartleby doesn't hear a sound).

[OOC: Izzat a reference to the Zen koan that asks, "If a birch tree chirps asunder in an elevated forest when no-won is there to hear it, duz it make a Zounds!?" (I may have mis-quoted.)]

Aeiyan lowers his scimitar again and stares at the carnage. "Whoa!" he exclaims dully.

[OOC: I've already started on advancing Aeiyan to 2nd Level. His current choices are: Fighting Style: DEFENSE; Favored Enemy: PATH OF THE COLOSSUS SLAYER. (New character sheet not yet written up or posted.)]

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Tock looks to either side of him, at the shattered corpses.

"Ah... well done everyone." he says, still somewhat disappointed at his lackluster strike against the Ghouls. Perhaps the would he had suffered earlier from the Ghoul's teeth had done more damage than he thought. Certainly it had shaken his confidence.

"So, what now? It seems we have some breathing space for the moment. Bartleby! Have you found anything unusual in the tomb chamber?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"So, what now? It seems we have some breathing space for the moment. Bartleby! Have you found anything unusual in the tomb chamber?"

Bartleby wipes his blade, as he answers Tock's question.

"Aye -- there's a sarcophagus i there..." he indicates with the tip of his blade before sliding it into his belt "...and it seems to have the vestments of a priest. Sandals too, but I didn't have time to search. The room seemed clear."

He bends down and begins picking up the scattered objects that Aeiyan knocked over.

Remove ads