Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bartleby ceases to maintain the remaining lights, and makes his way over to where Aeiyan has positioned himself, keeping his distance from the clearing and moving away from the commotion caused by his Warforged colleague.

When he gets there he urges Aeiyan, in hushed tones, "My advice? Keep your head down!", pressing him on the shoulder as he does so.

[sblock="Guidance"]Bartleby casts the cantrip Guidance, which means that Aeiyan can add a d4 to any skill check (such as with Stealth) in the next ten rounds. The die can be rolled before or after the skill check.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock]Sulannus will target the most wounded hobgoblin on her turn, yes please. :) And here's the advantage roll: 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4309236/ And then, still targeting the most wounded looking target, here's this turn's attack: 14 to hit for 5 cold. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4309237/ [/sblock]

Sulannus pivots slightly, following her targets from the relative safety of the shadows and shrubs just inside the treeline of the woods. Icy rime is starting to build up on the ground and bushes around her as white winter magic swirls and churns around the crystal...then lashes out in another bright white bar of light that paints a faint snowy band across the ground in its wake!

Li Shenron

Legend
(Sigh -- of course a PC gets only one action during a surprise round. Alas, this is not the first time I've forgotten that minor detail. I shall eventually learn to remember it.)

Actually I think you get a whole round in the surprise round, but I thought you needed a double move for hiding while moving (as if it counts as moving through difficult terrain). But I checked everywhere and now didn't find any mention of it... ok, let's say from now on there is no speed penalty for hiding, although it feels a bit weird.

Bartleby ceases to maintain the remaining lights, and makes his way over to where Aeiyan has positioned himself, keeping his distance from the clearing and moving away from the commotion caused by his Warforged colleague.

When he gets there he urges Aeiyan, in hushed tones, "My advice? Keep your head down!", pressing him on the shoulder as he does so.

[sblock="Guidance"]Bartleby casts the cantrip Guidance, which means that Aeiyan can add a d4 to any skill check (such as with Stealth) in the next ten rounds. The die can be rolled before or after the skill check.[/sblock]

You should also roll a Dexterity(Stealth) check to move there.

Li Shenron

Legend
Sulannus ray of frost hits the hobgoblin in the middle, who curses again and tries to shoot an arrow back at her, but the anger twarts his concentration and makes him hit way off, then he jumps down the boulder and retreats into the cave.

The hobgoblin at the right edge of the cave entrance targets Bartleby as he rushes towards the Ranger friend and provokes a huge wave of the foliage... but the arrow hits a tree trunk instead.

The third hobgoblin, at the left edge of the cave, tries his shot at Tock but misses too.

The two remaining hobgoblins keep their partially covered positions.

[Note: those of you who take a shot reveal their position and can be targeted, but you can then attempt at hiding again if you want. Let's now go on with the rest of the initiative round!]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Aeiyan steps out from behind his cover, aims and looses an arrow at the hobgoblin on his left (nearer the entrance to the fortress). He then steps back into cover and tries to hide again. (Wood Elf trait "Mask of the Wild" lets him try to hide when only lightly obscured.)

Since he was hidden, I'm going to assume advantage on the attack, and roll 1d20+4 twice for that.

Well, that attack was putrid: higher of 6 or 8 to hit (for 10 damage) (doesn't seem likely), then a 23 to hide again:

1d20+4;1d20+4;1d8+3;1d20+4 --> [2,4] = (6)
1d20+4;1d20+4;1d8+3;1d20+4 --> [4,4] = (8)
1d20+4;1d20+4;1d8+3;1d20+4 --> [7,3] = (10)
1d20+4;1d20+4;1d8+3;1d20+4 --> [19,4] = (23)

(Oops, I forgot his +2 to the Hide attempt from Bartleby. That makes it a 25 instead.)

Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4310283/
BBCode 1d20+4=6, 1d20+4=8, 1d8+3=10, 1d20+4=23

"That," he whispers to Bartleby, "was not my best. Maybe I should charge them with a hammer and try to knock them unconscious. Or maybe not."

(Does conversation foil his hiding?)

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik steps out from behind cover and lets fly with the javelin, aiming at the same hobgoblin as Tock. It flies straight and true.

Exposed, he pulls his shield close and reaches for his warhammer, preparing to advance in support of his comrades.

OOC: Javelin range is 30'/120'. The second roll is for disadvantage in case the hobgoblin is at long range, but the result is the same in either case.

Roll 1: 1d20+1=17
Roll 2: 1d20+1=19

If the attack hits, damage is: 1d6=2

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Aeiyan's arrow goes awry, but he definitely manages to stay well hidden in the bush.

Rejik's javelin strikes the left hobgoblin(*) with precision despite the target's cover, although the damage done is minor.

[(*)Tock hit the middle hobgoblin which then jumped off the boulder and into the cave, and is now out of sight, so I "redirected" your shot to another hobgoblin (they were both still uninjured)]

Remove ads