Who killed JFK?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Nope. Ideally people would believe reality but that's not necessary for reality to be, well, reality.
Which I would say would be true but I have lived long enough to see what was true become incorrect and then false. Non-political/religious ones; dinos from reptiles to dinos to birds, and comet impact with planets, Columbus was the first European in America. Give a belief enough time and it could become truth. What is crazy, to some, no matter how many facts, they will not change their belief.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Which I would say would be true but I have lived long enough to see what was true become incorrect and then false. Non-political/religious ones; dinos from reptiles to dinos to birds, and comet impact with planets, Columbus was the first European in America. Give a belief enough time and it could become truth. What is crazy, to some, no matter how many facts, they will not change their belief.

No, you can't believe in something enough to make it true. It's just not possible - if it were ... let's just say that a time honored childrens' hero of the winter months would actually show up in our homes and do that thing we tell the kids he does. Doesn't happen.

People may believe something that's originally seen as totally wrong at one point and later knowledge may change that thing to true but that does not mean that the belief made it so. The truth simply is. Belief or disbelief has no bearing on it whatsoever.

In fact, what you're saying proves my point: Regardless of what we believe to be true, the actual truth simply is what it is.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I think Red Dwarf had it right.
YES!!! Thank you.

LHO did it? Yes.
Cover-up for sloppy protection? Possibly
On the other hand, it made JFK the saintly martyr king of the family and the political party and the era. I can't say any more on that without delving into politics.

Ah, Gnoll Assassin DiGrassi again. I understand he got high afterward.

Oswald killed JFK (and officer Tippit) and nobody helped him, financed him, used him as a dupe or patsy, or otherwise perpetrated or participated in any conspiracy. There are questions and inconsitencies about it because security was not well-handled, the investigation was poorly done, and the general chaos and confusion caused by the event itself. Kennedy's personality and the influences of television combined to enable the ordinary citizen to so very closely identify with him and then destroyed their grasp of normalcy by his death. That's why people (certainly at that time) could not or would not be satisfied with the obvious answer. They didn't want to accept that such a high-profile, adored, and extraordinarily protected person could be killed by a solitary weak and worthless individual - so they made up and subscribed to ever more extraordinary theories to fit their preferred world-view rather than adjust their world view to fit reality. Even today much of this conspiracy mythology extends from that DEEP desire not to have to believe that our reality is so messy and uncontrollable - that even when you do everything "right", the world can snatch the rug from under you and give you the most unsatisfactory explanations why (if any).

A

amerigoV

We all know Oliver Stone's movie has it right - basically everyone is in on it - yep...and everyone has kept that secret for 50 years...

IMO if there were multiple shooters/conspirators it would have been found out with hard evidence (versus Rorschach tests of what is in the grassy knoll). We have had all sorts of government changes (ours, the Soviets, even the Cubans) and too long a time for something like that to be completely concealed. Too many people digging for too long.

Now, if the CIA (or Snowden/Wikileaks) walks out tomorrow and says the CIA did it, then great - glad to get the new information. But until then I just believe its all a moneymaking scam to go with all the conspiracy stuff. (and as an FYI - I'm not one to just except the gubberment line on stuff - but I think time has pretty much sealed the fate of this story)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases