Who killed JFK?

Janx

Hero
Is a conspiracy of one a conspiracy? Yes. No.

I suspect the usual meaning of Conspiracy is "a bunch of people planned this and they haven't been caught yet"

Versus, LHO planned/conspired to kill JFK and he succeeded.

The usuage of the word Conspiracy usually indicates that people don't think the Truth has been made public and accepted as the Truth.

According to one of my team members who loves this Conspiracy stuff, JFK's brother Bobby went hard after the Mafia. Later, some CIA mission (cuba if I recall) tried to use teamwork to get the Mafia to do the job. They apparently botched it. So then, the Mafia had a chance to whack JFK in Dallas, so they did.

My details of somebody else's details are off, but I suspect the theory was formed to tie in Jack Ruby's actions to whack LHO (as he had Mafia ties and this cleaned up the mess).

In recent news, I did see an article on the JFK conspiracy topic. Lots of people make money off of it. And apparently, the Russians did indeed fabricate and circulate a document that tied LHO to the CIA, in order to stir up American distrust of their government. Oddly enough, the attempt itself failed, though some would say the distrust developed anyway.

Personally, I'm inclined to accept that a single gunman like LHO could indeed make the shot, but recognize that there were enough extra variables going on to cause folks to question that.

Additionally, as JFK's presidency declined in shame in the original timeline, things did work out better for him when the crew of the Red Dwarf set things to right and had him shoot himself.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Sweet. I also make sure my cell phone's location services are always on.

And just because someone thinks there was a conspiracy does not mean there was one. Honest. Again, I've read a bit on the subject and watched some programs here and there. Oswald makes sense as the only shooter and he had motivation - and I don't mean CIA implanted brain worm style motivation, either. :p

Mailer wrote an excellent book on his life. Really entertaining and informative.

Some Quotes:
People love conspiracy theories. - Neil Armstrong
When you're young, you look at television and think, there's a conspiracy. The networks have conspired to dumb us down. But when you get a little older, you realize that's not true. The networks are in business to give people exactly what they want. - Steve Jobs
The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses. - Albert Einstein
The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debts. - Henry Ford
In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happened, you can bet it was planned that way. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Basicly, it is a conspiracy because people want it to be one. Facts will not matter, this is about belief.

Last edited:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I think it would be interesting if there were at least two shooters, perhaps more, acting independently of each other. More than one person thinking it's a good idea to do it now and at that place, and each acting alone.

Unlikely there was a conspiracy or cover-up. We want there to be one because the entire Kennedy presidency is so close to well-written fiction that we get all caught up in it. If he'd have lived, he'd have eventually been plagued by the same scandals as most other major politicians, but in dying exactly when and how he did, he made that step from human to folk hero.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Some Quotes:

Basicly, it is a conspiracy because people want it to be one. Facts will not matter, this is about belief.

Umm ... no. People believe it's a conspiracy, sure, but that doesn't make it an actual conspiracy. I see what you're saying but it isn't what you're saying.

Some people, for example, believe the Earth is about six thousand years old. That makes it true to them but it does not make it actually true.

Remove ads