Body Fat Percentage

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
Then you choose not to have a six-pack. This is one of the relatively few things that're pretty much completely under your control, all you have to do is work for it.

When?

I don't think you understand.
If one spends ones time working and taking care of responsibilities, one simply doesn't have enough time for some things.
I would love to play test war games all day, but I simply can't if I want to feed my family and make sure they are taken care of.

When?

If one spends ones time working and taking care of responsibilities, one simply doesn't have enough time for some things.
I would love to play test war games all day, but I simply can't if I want to feed my family and make sure they are taken care of.
You could get a job at a war game company. :p

I'll discuss it as I see fit.
Well then you are welcomed to discuss it with someone else.
You don't want to without getting a concession on something that's irrelevant to the actual topic, that's your decision.
Actually, I was just curious if you were willing to have a reasonable discussion and were able to admit when yo were wrong, or if you just want to argue. Since it appears that you just want to argue, I'll let you go ahead and do that with someone else. Have fun.

Janx

Hero
I disagree with you.
I believe he wanted it, he just didn't have the time to put into it. Hell, I would like a 6 pack too, but with my work schedule and responsibilities, there is no way I could spend enough time to get it, no matter how much I wanted it. Unless I want my wife and kids to starve, be homeless, and me be unemployed. There simply isn't enough time in a day.

I agree with you.

the argument Cyclone seems to be using is that Danny simply made a choice.

But the reality is, there are billions of choices we technically are making, but many of the alternatives are trivial, impractical, or downright not good for our long term being and as such the actuality of those choice options are self eliminating.

Danny's not going to smash his head in with a 10lb weight on purpose. Even though he could CHOOSE to do so if he really wanted it. Arguing that it he chose otherwise is nonsensical. Only in the technical sense was it a choice, otherwise, it was a foregone conclusion that he wouldn't do that because it wasn't even somewhat useful to him to choose it.

the option to quit school and workout all day was not sustainable (he'd be unemployed, uneducated and wouldn't qualify for pro athlete jobs). So while he COULD have done it, it wasn't a viable choice for a rational acting person working in his own best interests.

To keep arguing that "he didn't want it bad enough" isn't conducive to any practical application or discussion. In some ways, it's actually offensive as it dismisses any serious considerations (that Danny gave) as if the option to dedicate himself to a highly strenuous exercise program was of greater importance than getting educated.

Nobody in their right mind in college/career is going to drop everything solely to get 6 pack abs.

Cyclone_Joker

First Post
When?

...There you go. I accept your concession.
That's adorable. Posting a clip to a movie instead of arguing after you've clearly been established as wrong.
I'll discuss it as I see fit. You don't want to without getting a concession on something that's irrelevant to the actual topic, that's your decision.
IOW, "I don't care about petty things like 'facts,' I am right because I say so."
Nobody in their right mind in college/career is going to drop everything solely to get 6 pack abs.
And it doesn't matter. All that means is that everyone who, in your judgement, is "in their right mind," will make the same choice. It's still a choice.

Also, if he is incapable of finding six hours in a day, then he's just not trying. Even if he were to have to work on his education ten hours a day every day, he still has room for eight hours of sleep after his six hours of working out. He just decided that those six hours had better uses. Not my problem.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases