Relationship revenge web sites

Bullgrit

Adventurer
If you were dating, and you found out someone you were interested in had previously posted "stuff" of their ex to a revenge web site, would you continue with interest in that person?

Bullgrit

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Not a snowball's chance in hell. Past behavior is a good indicator of future behavior and I'm not at all keen to have my dirty laundry posted publicly on the internet.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Let's see...
Do I care about what other people think of me? Not really. I am pretty secure in who I am, foibles, faults, and arrogance included.
If someone else takes the revenge site seriously (or even looks into them often), do I want to be dating that person? Not really.
How would I know they had posted onto a revenge site? Well, now, that's a kicker. Someone would have to direct me to it. And prove that she was the one who posted it. That sounds like way too much work.

Even assuming all of that were true, how would I know that the comments weren't 100% justified?

Untimately, no, I wouldn't really care. Sure, I might end up there eventually, but I already am intimately familiar with my character faults. And if someone else is going to take that site seriously and decide not to date me, well, so be it.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Challenge accepted!

Seriously, I sort of did. One woman I dated walked on me and another girl when I was really drunk. She told all of her friends and family about how I was a d-bag and mentioned kinks and stuff that happened behind closed doors.

Eventually, she cooled down and we ended up talking and sleeping with each other. I could have push to get back with her, but I had moved on. It had nothing to do with her telling people I would have seen again about [redacted], [redacted] and [redacted].

Bullgrit

Adventurer
sabrinathecat said:
how would I know that the comments weren't 100% justified?
What would justify posting something to a revenge web site.

For the record, all I ever hear/know about these such things is that people post naked pictures to them. You're talking about comments, so I guess there's more than just pics?

Bullgrit

sabrinathecat

Explorer
What would justify posting something to a revenge web site.

For the record, all I ever hear/know about these such things is that people post naked pictures to them. You're talking about comments, so I guess there's more than just pics?

Bullgrit

I've never visited such a site, so I have no idea.
As for pictures... I've never understood the need for people to take pictures of themselves or their SOs while naked, so I can't comment on that.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Well, it may already be too late...if you have gone out with them, then you have to wonder if they are waiting to push the publish button on you.

If you were dating, and you found out someone you were interested in had previously posted "stuff" of their ex to a revenge web site, would you continue with interest in that person?

Bullgrit
Sure, why no? I take it from your response to Sabrina that you're talking about pictures only. It's been on the news recently, too. There is that guy that ran some site where people would post revenge pictures of their ex's, mostly girl pics being posted, with a link to their Facebook profiles. Then he had a side site where he charged people up to $350.00 to remove the pictures. He ended getting arrested recently.

In any case, I wouldn't care if I was dating a girl that had done that previously. I don't allow myself to be photographed naked. I'll take pics of them, but I don't come out in them. The worst that she could post is some snarky comments about me, and since I don't have a Facebook account, it probably won't be anywhere that people I know will see.

The problem is that people take these nude pictures. You don't want something to end up embarrassing you, don't o it. It's pretty simple. Even if you have a really bad breakup with a vengeful person, they won't be able to post pictures that don't exist.

Remove ads