Have you broken a heart?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Yes.
I invariably turn into the back-end of a horse or mule when in a relationship. Sometimes it takes months, sometimes over a year.
Not proud of it.
Just saying.

If I avoid the cause, I avoid the result. Not a perfect solution, but it seems to work out better for everyone--especially the women. And since I have no desire to sire offspring, and be jackasses to them, there really is no need.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I think I may have broken my first gf's heart when I broke up with her but I'm not sure. She was ... insane ... and practially heartless. We ended up hating each other and then hooking up again a year or so later - just for funsies. Kinda faded out after that. I don't think I ever really meant as much as she liked to imply.

I know for a fact I broke a heart once. I also got the opportunity to fix it. Funny thing, when I broke hers I broke my own. Never saw that comin'. Now I know better.

Nellisir

Hero
After writing it out, deleted it. Too personal. In short: Yes, two hearts. Broke one to go out with the second; broke the second two years later (just not in love anymore, or enough). Eventually met the first one again; turned into friends (no benefits, just friends); fifteen years later, she's possibly my most trusted friend.

Janx

Hero
Ha!* No, it's just that sometimes one discussion brings up ideas for another topic. I've many times held back starting 5-6 threads in a row from a train of thought spun off from one or another discussion.

* I literally smiled and chuckled at this comment. But saying "Ha!" after that kind of comment sort of sounds like a nervous laugh.

Bullgrit

Some of the wierd threads I start are along that cascade pattern as well. One question leads to other questions.

I don't think it's good to read too much into a person's thread or post as some sort of psychoanalysis of their inner being.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Some of the wierd threads I start are along that cascade pattern as well. One question leads to other questions.

I don't think it's good to read too much into a person's thread or post as some sort of psychoanalysis of their inner being.
And how does that make you feel?

Janx

Hero
And how does that make you feel?

I have no feelings toward my prior statement. (I think I know you were joking).

It can be annoying/offensive if somebody else starts responding like they've sussed out some deep innner trauma or problem the poster is allegedly having.

Generally, I suspect BG and I just post questions like this as unrelated to anything in our own lives, just something we were pondering.

He and I don't collude on any of these questions, in case that's unclear.

Remove ads