Canada is as cold as mars

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hah! I live there and was out in that (for a very little while). I'll note that the -31C was the high temperature one day this week, too...

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Mars is about 50% further from the sun, with about 1% of Earth's atmosphere. It boggles my mind that temps anywhere on Earth could be like anywhere on Mars.

Bullgrit

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
You guys need to keep all that cold to yourself, rather than letting it drift down to Illinois.

But you can have our snow storm.

Had about 6in of snow here on Friday myself, thanks.

Mars is about 50% further from the sun, with about 1% of Earth's atmosphere. It boggles my mind that temps anywhere on Earth could be like anywhere on Mars.

Bullgrit

Yeah, it has been a fun "factoid," but you're right that it's not a fair comparison. Here's a nice article with some explanations. But however you put it, it's $!#$# cold. (Slightly warmer today, though, highs all the way up to -27C.)

Dioltach

Legend
Where I am it's been a very mild winter so far. But a little over month ago I was in the Caribbean, and I'd love to be back. Even working there is better, with the sun and the cocktails and the slow pace, than here at home.

In other news, it is as cold as hell.

Well work was canceled today do to weather. So my vacation got a one day boost.
But I wonder if my car will have a dead battery tomorrow.

Remove ads