Canada is as cold as mars

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
No work cancellation for me either here in Wisconsin. Fortunately, we do have mostly underground parking so cars are starting at the end of the day. The kids are out of school though. They're not too keen on -35 to -50 wind chills for kids out waiting for buses for some reason...

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yeah school has been cancelled here as well. They have a rule that makes kids who live a mile away or less have to find means other than busing to get to school. That means, of course, that a lot of kids end up walking to school. They feel that -20 to -40F is a li'l too cool for (a walk to) school.

Yeah school has been cancelled here as well. They have a rule that makes kids who live a mile away or less have to find means other than busing to get to school. That means, of course, that a lot of kids end up walking to school. They feel that -20 to -40F is a li'l too cool for (a walk to) school.
What a bunch of pansies these kids are! In my day, we had to walk to school in -780F. That was the warm days. We had to walk in waist-high snow, up a hill, both to and from school.

Kids these days have it way too easy.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
We had a snow storm just before the cold wave.
Also the kill floor barely worked today because they didn't have enough pigs.

We don't cancel due to snow, either. I guess we just aren't afraid of working for a living. :p

What a bunch of pansies these kids are! In my day, we had to walk to school in -780F. That was the warm days. We had to walk in waist-high snow, up a hill, both to and from school.

Kids these days have it way too easy.

Was that in Florida or back in Colombia?

Bullgrit

Adventurer
freyar said:
Yeah, it has been a fun "factoid," but you're right that it's not a fair comparison.
I didn't quite mean that. I meant that looking at the distance difference and atmospheric difference, it doesn't make sense that the two planets could have any temperatures in common.

What would Earth temps be like if it were in Mar's orbit? What would Earth temps be like if it had Mar's atmosphere? And vice versa, Mars in closer orbit, with a thicker atmosphere?

Bullgrit

Remove ads