Anyone from Philadelphia here?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I have a friend who is going there for work. He wants to know if the French Impressionists at the Barnes Foundation are worth it.

He also wants to try a cheeseteaks. Any recommandations?

Zombie_Babies

First Post
The only things I know about Philly are that the sports fans there are notoriously nasty (they pelted Santa Claus with snowballs and booed him, for example) and that a few years back it was listed as the city with the ugliest women. Other than that all I have to go on is It's Always Sunny and I don't think that show paints a particularly accurate picture.

I have a friend who is going there for work. He wants to know if the French Impressionists at the Barnes Foundation are worth it.

He also wants to try a cheeseteaks. Any recommandations?
I went to Philadelphia once. I wasn't very impressed. A friend and I drove there from NYC. We got there at night and we made a few bad turns. We ended up in a pretty rough looking neighborhood. I had my friend pull over, so I could get out and ask for directions at this 24 hour check cashing place. One of the guys hanging out there came up to me and old me he would give me directions. I walked outside, and he gave me directions to our hotel. Then he asked me to give him $5 for a nicklebag.

The cheesesteaks are also overrated.

5$!? Damn, that is a good price.
I wouldn't know, but in any case, I only gave him a dollar because he made me laugh. He wasn't too thrilled, but I didn't care.
As for the city, it was pretty damn dirty. At the time smoking was allowed in restaurants. I'm not sure if that's still the case, though probably not since that seems to be something that has been banned throughout the country.

Seriously though, it's ugly as hell. Dirty. Nothing worth looking at. There's also a lot of fugly people there.

Remove ads