New, Low Budget Conan Film in Production

I'll probably watch this. As long as they put enough effort into writing and consistency, instead of going overboard on SFX and elaborate fight scenes, it needn't be a problem that the budget is small.

From the photo the actor could work as Conan. That said, when I saw Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo I thought he would make a fantastic Conan, but I was very disappointed. He tried too hard to look dangerous and surly. In fact, I thought the kid who played Young Conan was much better.
Really? I thought he did a pretty good job as Conan. The problems I had with that movie were with some of the writing, the editing, and the general flow of the movie. It felt as if there were parts that were rushed or edited out in order to make the movie stay within a certain time limit.

That said, while it's possible that this new guy may do a decent job as Conan, I'm wary of a pro athlete's acting abilities. Hopefully they don't give him much to say. I think that's one of the things that made the first Conan movie with Arnold good. Arnold had very few lines throughout the entire movie. It minimized the chance he would butcher the line and screw the movie. Same with the Terminator movies, or really, any of his movies. The less he spoke, the better the movie seemed.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
A low budget Conan film could work. Depending on the book being adapted, minimal CGI would work for most Conan stories, being mostly sword fights, voluptuous princesses and old world settings. Sword and sorcery is never heavy on sorcery. A good script and lots of action is all that's truly required.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Really? I thought he did a pretty good job as Conan. The problems I had with that movie were with some of the writing, the editing, and the general flow of the movie. It felt as if there were parts that were rushed or edited out in order to make the movie stay within a certain time limit.

That said, while it's possible that this new guy may do a decent job as Conan, I'm wary of a pro athlete's acting abilities. Hopefully they don't give him much to say. I think that's one of the things that made the first Conan movie with Arnold good. Arnold had very few lines throughout the entire movie. It minimized the chance he would butcher the line and screw the movie. Same with the Terminator movies, or really, any of his movies. The less he spoke, the better the movie seemed.

True on all counts. I'd XP you right in the kisser but it won't let me.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Put this in spoiler...
[sblock]
Looking at casting, think they may be going with good choice as they have a guy playing an Ape (classis Conan images on this) and pirates. Ape CGI have been impressive in the last couple of years.[/sblock]

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
You know, if I was doing it...I would make it an Stars/HBO/Showtime show like Rome/Spartacus/Banshee. Think it would go great in that format.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
A twelve episodes show could be promising (but any idea is promising). You have more time to develop characters and the plot than in a 90 minutes flick. With more than twelve you have to go into too many monster of the week episodes. Maybe twelve is too much. Ten? Eight? Six?

Remove ads