What we know about The Doctor (spoilers)

sabrinathecat

Explorer
blah blah blah. It's like these people are massaging themselves in self-gratification at their own brilliance while promoting someone else. Pure fluff. How about something with substance?
"He's so brilliant"
"We're so brilliant for noticing how brilliant he is."
"We're so brilliant for having cast him."
"I'm so brilliant for being able to write for him."
Nothing about what is really happening.
Might as well be a TMZ or some other hollywood "insider" program.

Maybe I'm being harsh in my interpretation of what I'm reading, but these people seem to be dribbling on themselves.

Nothing about what is really happening.

I'm guessing you missed the following because you were too busy complaining about the fluff

more dangerous, more urgent Doctor
older, fiercer, madder, less reliable Doctor
going to go quite different with the Doctor.
he is mad and dangerous and difficult.”
Clara, Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax all returning in Episode 1
Neil Gaiman is going to be writing another episode of Doctor Who

So yeah you missed a number of things

Nagol

Unimportant
Colin baker was a very misunderstood Doctor. He should have gotten more television storys.

He was an unlikable and unsympathetic Doctor; I suspect he didn't get more seasons because of that. He was madder, more dangerous, less predictable, and definitely difficult.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
(Sorry, I only scrolled down the first 4.5 screens of fluffy quotes. If there was something actually worth reading, it would have been wiser to put it at the TOP of the page)

Like the character Teegan, Colin Baker got screwed over by John Nathan Turner, who had his idea and was totally fixed on it. Colin Baker did not get to be the Doctor he wanted. We only barely got to see a bit of what he wanted to be during Trial of the Timelord. His work on Big Finish shows what he could have been if allowed to give proper reign to ol' Six-ee. I highly recommend checking out Big Finish Productions Monthly Doctor Who line if you haven't already.

Nagol

Unimportant
(Sorry, I only scrolled down the first 4.5 screens of fluffy quotes. If there was something actually worth reading, it would have been wiser to put it at the TOP of the page)

Like the character Teegan, Colin Baker got screwed over by John Nathan Turner, who had his idea and was totally fixed on it. Colin Baker did not get to be the Doctor he wanted. We only barely got to see a bit of what he wanted to be during Trial of the Timelord. His work on Big Finish shows what he could have been if allowed to give proper reign to ol' Six-ee. I highly recommend checking out Big Finish Productions Monthly Doctor Who line if you haven't already.

I have no doubt Colin Baker could have been a much better Doctor.

But he played a Doctor that was

more dangerous, more urgent Doctor
older, fiercer, madder, less reliable Doctor
going to go quite different with the Doctor.
he is mad and dangerous and difficult.”

Remove ads