Dark Horse Star Wars Comics

Water Bob

Adventurer
Just a little FYI for you SW comics readers out there....

Dark Horse is about to lose the Star Wars license. Marvel will have the license again. DH has announced that there is no time before the license expires to publish any new omnibuses--only trade paperbacks.

It truly is the end of an age. Dark Horse has done some excellent work with Star Wars.

The reason I'm posting is this: If you're interested in any of the DH Star Wars offerings, especially the exceptional (and low priced) omnibuses, then you might want to start snapping up what you want. They'll be out of print soon, and I expect, with Episode VII coming out next year, that at least some of the books will become rare. Right now, you can get an omnibus of around 500 pages for less than $20 bucks. Who knows what it will be when those books are no longer printed.

THat does suck, Dark Horse did do some great stuff, Dark Empire really stands out in my mind. They also seemed to have a better feel for the Star Wars universe, Marvel, not so much.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
DHC has been an excellent company to treat and care for the SW franchise. After 2015 comes. I will not be buying anymore SW stuff. Has been a part of my life since 1977 and it is time to say goodbye to a old and true friend.

Note--I do have the Marvel issues from # 30 to the last issue. But DHC is the winner overall to what they have done.

Remove ads