I'm ready for a new Star Wars RPG

Vaslov

Explorer
In 1984 we created SWARP ( star wars using MERP). Played loads.
Didn't care for any other version until we made one using Barbarians of Lemuria. It's fast and furious and fun ( unlike the other FFF game which is never not quite there).
Honor + Intrigue would be another good game for Star Wars. They even have an rules book for scifi with laser swords.... (H+I grew out of BoL as I recall).

MacDhomnuill

Explorer
I have a tendency to use traveller for all my Scifi settings, i think it would work for starwars with some tweaks to the psionics rules but its not going to give the “cinematic” feel I got from playing WEG back in the day. Maybe a pared down scifi version of mythras since it already has Jedis… I mean mysticism and the specials in combat would be good for spinny jumpy jedi fights.

I was looking into the FFG books for Star Wars the other day (since they sell the Star Wars Deckbuilding Game, which was heavily recommended and from what I've played, pretty good). But all the core rulebooks are sold out online. Is the system still being developed and sold, and reprinted?

Honestly, I'm heavily considering examining Starfinder 2e (or Starfinder 1e), going through the rules for that, and seeing if it'd feel a type of Star Wars game. Yes, it'll use Vacian Magic and have a lot of things not super Star Wars lore friendly, but I think with reskinning, changing which classes can be selected, and setting in in an earlier, wilder era where use of the Force was not particularly understood and very specific 'techniques' had to be used that exhausted the user, it could work.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I was looking into the FFG books for Star Wars the other day (since they sell the Star Wars Deckbuilding Game, which was heavily recommended and from what I've played, pretty good). But all the core rulebooks are sold out online. Is the system still being developed and sold, and reprinted?

Honestly, I'm heavily considering examining Starfinder 2e (or Starfinder 1e), going through the rules for that, and seeing if it'd feel a type of Star Wars game. Yes, it'll use Vacian Magic and have a lot of things not super Star Wars lore friendly, but I think with reskinning, changing which classes can be selected, and setting in in an earlier, wilder era where use of the Force was not particularly understood and very specific 'techniques' had to be used that exhausted the user, it could work.
Technically it is still being sold and reprinted (albeit slowly), but there's no actual evidence if its being developed.

Ghost2020

Adventurer

I would try Starfinder for it's own merits.
It's a very Star Wars\ Guardians of the Galaxy feel.
Lots to do, lots of aliens and factions, tons of adventures, and great lore too.

Remove ads