Dawn of the Warforged

TillForPie

First Post
"We're from Adar," Valharath gestures between himself and Rothitash as he explains their origin. "I am a Lightbringer and emissary of that nation." He continues, perhaps taking for granted that everyone in Adar knows what a Lightbringer is. "Rothitash is a temple guardian and my protector."

"We were travelling with our dromite guide, X'erath'errlan," he pronounces the name without difficulty, "to treat with the queen of his community... a mission I fear has been waylaid. We were somehow transported when we stopped to examine a ruin."

There is a pause.

"Where are we?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Facet, female personality psiforged psionic artificer with packmate companion Trundle

"We are in the Shadow Marches," Facet says. She looks around, trying to figure out if she was in the same place as she remember, or if her body had been moved. "As to what happened, Muncher, I'm not sure. We were disabled, and I'm not sure for how long. It was 993 when we set out. What year is it now? How does the Last War far?" she asks their involuntary guests.

Shayuri

First Post
"It doesn't sound very well," Alecto observes as it carefully tries to stand. The damage to its chassis is severe, but it manages to get upright and start cataloguing the problems. "If Cannith never came back for us, it can only because it was destroyed. And if you are truly from Adar...is there anything left of our home land?"

There was a plaintive note in its question...a sense that not only had its defeat at the hands of this unknown assailant meant it couldn't protect Facet, but that it had also led to the destruction of an entire continent and all its people. Alecto sometimes had issues with notions of responsibility, causality, and scale.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Glitch

"Why should we trust these men, just because they happen to be around when we are recovering from inactivity?" Glitch asks while looking intently upon the two kalashtar. His gaze might not seem very imposing, as he himself is sitting down amongst the mud and his scattered possessions.

"And what is a Lightbringer, anyway?"

TillForPie

First Post
"We are in the Shadow Marches," Facet says. She looks around, trying to figure out if she was in the same place as she remember, or if her body had been moved. "As to what happened, Muncher, I'm not sure. We were disabled, and I'm not sure for how long. It was 993 when we set out. What year is it now? How does the Last War far?" she asks their involuntary guests.
"The Shadow Marches?" Valharath exchanges a look with Rothitash. "I've never heard of such a place in Sarlona. Are we in Khorvaire?" He maintains his tranquil demeanor through all of this.

OOC: The DM has yet to get back to me as to what year Valharath believes it to be so I'll have to OOCly ignore questions relating to time for now. Valharath isn't doing so ICly.

"It doesn't sound very well," Alecto observes as it carefully tries to stand. The damage to its chassis is severe, but it manages to get upright and start cataloguing the problems. "If Cannith never came back for us, it can only because it was destroyed. And if you are truly from Adar...is there anything left of our home land?".
"I'm not familiar with the continent to the west. I can't say what state Cannith is in." He assumes Cannith to be a nation or people in Khorvaire.

"Why should we trust these men, just because they happen to be around when we are recovering from inactivity?"
"It was us who revived you. With some help from you friend." He gestures to the "walking box" who'd provided them with the repair fluid.

JustinCase said:
"And what is a Lightbringer, anyway?"
Valharath's eyes glitter with faint amusement, as if he'd just been asked why the sky is blue. "The Lightbringers are the spiritual leaders and guides of the kalashtar. We shape the future for our race and ensure its continued survival."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Glitch

Glitch is momentarily taken aback by Valharath's statement about them reviving the warforged.

"That makes sense," the warlock reluctantly replies. "But repairing us does not make us your servants, man of Adar. We serve Cannith, if it survives. So you might say that, in a way, we are the Lightbringers of the people of Cannith."

Satisfied for the moment, Glitch gathers his scattered possessions, checks them for any obvious defects, and lays them down on a dry spot of floor in an orderly fashion. Apparently the utility belt has not survived the mud and time, and Glitch drops it back into the debris.

"Does anyone have a belt or sack to spare?"

Rubberneck

First Post
Rothitash remains silent throughout the conversation, he simply watches the machines rise out of the muck. It doesn't show on his face but he is concerned. To Valharath he communicates telepathically,

"This is disheartening, no one knows for certain where we are or how much time has passed. We need to go find someone with answers."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Facet, female personality psiforged psionic artificer with packmate companion Trundle

"I did not say I trusted them, but if Trundle helped them revive us, and they did not choose to permanently deactivate us as we lay helpless, that speaks to some measure of a moral code," Facet says. She tries to wash off the worst of the swamp muck, with brackish water if nothing else. "The 'walking box' is Trundle, my homunculus," she explains to their rescuers. "And yes, the Shadow Marches are in Khorvaire, of course. Where is 'Sarlona?'"

She pats trundle and he opens obediently. She looks through the contents and nods. Trundle sealed up quite well, and the alchemical items and exploration supplies were all intact, along with her tools. However, aside from her enchanted shield, her weapons were all but useless from long exposure. Inwardly, she cringed. Losing equipment was always a cause for punishment, doubly so for her, who was responsible for so much of it. But such things also applied to people like Traxxas. Losing the entire group of warforged would be a financial loss to the House, particularly as some of them were limited-run units. Why had they not come back for them? Had Traxxas been killed by the strange guardian of this place? Had Cannith written them all off?

"I don't have a sack but I have some canvas and rope," she volunteers to Glitch, trying to keep her actions in the realm of the now. "Does anyone have an intact knife?"

TillForPie

First Post
Rothitash remains silent throughout the conversation, he simply watches the machines rise out of the muck. It doesn't show on his face but he is concerned. To Valharath he communicates telepathically,

"This is disheartening, no one knows for certain where we are or how much time has passed. We need to go find someone with answers."
Valharath responds to Rothitash telepathically while simultaneously speaking with Facet: Answers may be slow in the coming in these Shadow Marches. But you are right.

"I did not say I trusted them, but if Trundle helped them revive us, and they did not choose to permanently deactivate us as we lay helpless, that speaks to some measure of a moral code," Facet says. She tries to wash off the worst of the swamp muck, with brackish water if nothing else. "The 'walking box' is Trundle, my homunculus," she explains to their rescuers. "And yes, the Shadow Marches are in Khorvaire, of course. Where is 'Sarlona?'"
"Sarlona," he explains, "is the continent to the east. It is the ancient homeland of all of mankind, human and kalashtar alike."

Shayuri

First Post
Alecto brightens, rather literally, as the soft blue light of its psionic blade appears. The blade's substance is a little unstable...flickering a little...but it seems solid enough to function.

"Facet," the mithril warforged says eagerly. "It is not a knife, but it can cut well enough."

Remove ads