Dawn of the Warforged

doghead

thotd
He Has No Name, Warforged Psychic Warrior 5

"We are a people from the eastern continent."

Valharath remains serene as he offers an explanation. "These are not kalashtar you've killed. They are the Inspired of Riedra, and I assure you they are our enemies as much as yours. But I must urge you to restraint," he continues delicately, "Rothitash will protect me from harm with force if required."

Inspired. Warforged is not happy to learn that the Inspired are involved. The day just keeps getting more ... interesting

"Well better living kalashtar and dead Inspired than the vice of versa," Warforged mutters to himself.

To the newcomer, Valharath offers the same polite nod he gave the others. "A message?"

"Yes. A message." Honestly. Can these people not just deal with one thing at a time.

Warforged nods in the direction of Glitch.

"Which I will be happy to give to you."

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muncher

Muncher ignores the tension between the newly arrived warforged and his comrade. He is more interested in the living ones. "Hah! That's good, I'm in no shape to give a good fight. Probably would leave a permanent scar or something ugly like that, but not much else. Considering the year I've been sleeping in the mud for years now." Muncher attempts some swordplay before sheathing the scimitar where he used t have a scabbard. Needless to say, the sword falls with an embarrassing "splash". "Glitch, put down your toys. Let... ehm... I'll call you Nameless, let Nameless deliver his message."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Glitch

Almost reluctantly, Glitch lowers his wand but keeps his vision focused on the nameless warforged. "Alright. There are no magical tricks this one uses on us, as far as I can tell."

doghead

thotd
He Has No Name, Warforged Psychic Warrior 5

Warforged, or Nameless if you prefer, lowers his bow until once more it hangs at his side.

"I was commissioned by Lord Ir-Thul to be here at this time on this day and to offer to accompany you back to Regalport, in the Lhazaar principalities.

"Its on the other side of the continent," Nameless adds for the benefit of the kalashitar.

"I have a couple of boats outside and a monosyllabic House Tharrashk guide to take us back to Zarash'ak.

"From there it is about 5000 miles to Regalport."

Shayuri

First Post
"We're not based in Regalport," Alecto points out quickly. "We need to report for duty and be debriefed by our commanding officer. We've probably been listed as casualties!"

The idea seems to distress the tarnished silver warforged.

"War or no war, our duty is clear. We must go to the nearest outpost of House Cannith and present ourselves."

doghead

thotd
Nameless, Warforged Psychic Warrior 5

"We're not based in Regalport," Alecto points out quickly. "We need to report for duty and be debriefed by our commanding officer. We've probably been listed as casualties!"

The idea seems to distress the tarnished silver warforged.

"War or no war, our duty is clear. We must go to the nearest outpost of House Cannith and present ourselves."

Nameless considers the warforged in front of him.

They have been here a long time. Three years at least if they know nothing of The Mournland. Although its possible that house Cannith just kept them in the dark.

"The Treaty of Thronehold recognised the Warforged as living beings and granted us the same rights and responsibilities as other sentient beings. Warforged can no longer be owned as property.

"House Cannith no longer owns you.

"You do not have to report back to them.

"Of course you may do if you wish to.

"They may choose to hire you if you have skills they want. Or they may claim everything you have on you as belonging to them, and then turn you out the door. It is not unknown."

Nameless hooks one end of his bow between the plates of his foot and unstrings his bow. He slings it across his back.

"I have some tools and a some ability at repairing damage."

Nameless will assist any warforged that asks, as well as do his best to answer their questions and bring them up to speed, including on the destruction of the Creation Forges. Since the Day of Mourning Nameless has been freelancing across Khovaire, and has crosses the continent at least once. He has seen a fair bit of post-war world.

"Perhaps you should consider waiting here a few days, at least until you are in better repair. It will give you time to make a decision."

[sblock=Repair Warforged]Skill Check +9, Tools (and WF Repair Kit) +2.

EP - Not sure how you want to handle this, as each Check is supposed to take 8 hours. Does this mean each repair takes eight hours, or could he do repairs on all of them over an eight hour period?
I have added a bunch of rolls, or you can just Take 10 (Repair 06 dam) for each.
Roll 05+11 (Repair 01)
Roll 11+11 (Repair 07)
Roll 15+11 (repair 11)
Roll 06+11 (repair 02)
Roll 15+11 (repair 11)
Roll 18+11 (repair 14)
Roll 20+11 (repair 16)[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Nameless, Warforged Psychic Warrior 5

Near where Zeta and muncher lie there's two heaps of human bones, the remains of their clothing (when seen by the two khalashtar) clearly of Riedran make. One of the weapons (a scimitar) is still spic and span, while the axe has a few corroded spots but can stil be salvaged, since it's clearly of superior make.

Nameless will also take a moment to inspect the bodys, or more accurately their equipment. Specifically, he is interested in anything they may have on them that might draw the attention of the Inspired to this place. Given the length of time that has passed, its unlikely, but better safe than sorry.

[sblock=OOC]Knowledge (psionics) +9[/sblock]

Rubberneck

First Post
Valharath remains serene as he offers an explanation. "These are not kalashtar you've killed. They are the Inspired of Riedra, and I assure you they are our enemies as much as yours. But I must urge you to restraint," he continues delicately, "Rothitash will protect me from harm with force if required."

With this Rothitash draws his Greatsword, however he does not brandish it at the constructs, instead the sword is placed tip down into the ground with one hand still on the handle. The pommel of the sword is about shoulder height. Anyone who takes an interest in the sword can tell that it is not only a weapon of serious destruction, but also masterfully crafted from Deep Crystal. When the newcomer makes his appearance, Rothitash is a little more on edge and watches him intently.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muncher

"Don't ya worry skinny, I'm not some ruthless killing machine made of adamantine. Oh... wait I am actually, but I have no need to attack you, so you can sheath yer knife." Muncher says, waving his hand down at Rothitash. The warforged seems unphased but what Nameless says. "Free huh? So you are what? Hired? Like a merc? Like if we were alive? Please, nothing living is made of metal. Surely you've gone made or something, why would the Houses relinquish the possession of such masterpieces as we warforged?"

Remove ads