• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Basic Game cover mockup

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, apologies in advance for the crappiness of this. MS Paint, y'know! I used the example art from the article, and tried to match fonts and logos. Just because I was bored, really.

mockup.jpg

samursus

Explorer
Love the enthusiasm for the new game.

I had to comment on this sentiment...

Reading through the comments on the L&L page and the thread here, I too was noticing and revelling in the sheer positivity I was seeing. I think WotC might have actually succeeded in doing what they planned to do when they set on on this D&D Next adventure.

Patrick McGill

First Post
If the Basic set is free to be printed I would definitely try to use this as the cover.

Got half my Christmas list done just with that thought alone, in fact.

TheBlueKnight

Explorer
More Basic Mockups!

So I was inspired by Morrus and decided to create some mockups as well. The fonts on the cover that I could identify with WhatTheFont are: Modesto Condensed for the titles and Modesto Text Medium for the blurb at the bottom of the cover.

I was unable to identify the font used for the D&D logos. My guess is that it's custom, but what do I know? I am not a graphic artist/font expert. :D

I couldn't decide whether I like "Basic Game" or "Basic Rules" better so I made both. The first set is the artwork (low resolution) from the Mike Mearls column on wizards.com.

Basic-Game-Mockup-1.jpgBasic-Game-Mockup-2.jpg

Next, we have the artwork associated with D&D Next. That one is nice and High Res.
Basic-Game-Mockup-3.jpgBasic-Game-Mockup-4.jpg

Finally we have the 3 core book covers all sharing a bit of themselves for the Basic version, so I figured why not all 3 covers sharing the Basic Rules/Game cover?
Basic-Game-Mockup-5.jpgBasic-Game-Mockup-6.jpg

Let me know what ya think and I hope you enjoy them!

Remove ads