• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Basic Game cover mockup

Andrew Cousins

First Post
My print on demand copy came back from Lulu today, it looks great, thanks for your hard work.

Thanks for all your hard work. I used the original design and combined the players and Dm's guide together, very pleased with the quality from Lulu, I may print off some more copies for friends.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,125
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 895
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5,161
  • IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,403

[MENTION=6795899]Andrew Cousins[/MENTION] How did you get the image to fit on lulu? When I upload the image, a lot is lost wrapped around the cover, the image is provided are 5430x3330 pixels whereas Lulu demands 5668x3750 on it's one piece cover designer. I'm confused and help would be appreciated! :D

Andrew Cousins

First Post
@Andrew Cousins How did you get the image to fit on lulu? When I upload the image, a lot is lost wrapped around the cover, the image is provided are 5430x3330 pixels whereas Lulu demands 5668x3750 on it's one piece cover designer. I'm confused and help would be appreciated! :D

I just inserted the art into the template which I downloaded from Lulu. I uploaded the both covers and then downloaded the print ready cover to which I made a few extra changes, such as removing the barcodes that Lulu added and adding the image for the spine.

Hope that's some help. I'm not expert, there was some trial and error involved.

Happy to upload it here, please remember it is for a combined edition (DMs + players guide).

Attachments

• 16783870_cover.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 583

kristina27

First Post
Awesome work. Is there anyway you could post or create a step by step process to creating these files and how you acquired the font and images for doing so. I am really curious about this and want to try my hand at creating some covers for the tyranny of dragons supplements and maybe a compendium of homebrew work from across the web.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
isnt it cheaper to just buy the actual books off Amazon?

I thought this was a cool idea until I went to lulu and saw the price :)

Maybe they have sales or something... it was over $50

mindtech

First Post
isnt it cheaper to just buy the actual books off Amazon?

Maybe they have sales or something... it was over $50

I think the idea behind it is so he can have a more complete collection of the 5e books.

MartyW

Explorer

Yeah, the hard covers are a little ridiculously priced. I got a softcover for something like $8, but the spine graphic didn't line up even after I excessively tweaked it as much as I could.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads