Pathfinder 1E The Path of the Nefarious: My Way of the Wicked Journal

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I haven't read any of your entries yet, but I'm asking you a question anyway: how evil are your PC's?

Are they "We torture babies for fun" level 10 or "We try not to kill too many innocent NPC's" level 1?

Would this adventure path work with a group of PC's that aren't too terribly evil? :angel:

killem2

Explorer
I haven't read any of your entries yet, but I'm asking you a question anyway: how evil are your PC's?

Are they "We torture babies for fun" level 10 or "We try not to kill too many innocent NPC's" level 1?

Would this adventure path work with a group of PC's that aren't too terribly evil? :angel:

I can tell you that you would learn a lot about my players from reading. :) However with that said they were reserved at first. We have been playing for 3 years and have been good adventurers. So this is a new way to play.

There have been scatterings where some were very cold blooded. However, because I wanted to make sure as a GM/DM early on that they are not only evil themselves, playing in an evil session, in a world that is mostly good, that they work for an extremely evil person on an extremely evil mission.

Scolding of the ages is where I took a bit of liberties to call out my players faults full blown. Because in a good driven session, failure may still be rewarded with valiant efforts and such, failure in this session is not looked upon with anything other than punishment.

To answer your question about over the top evil, I would read the free pdf that fire mountain games offers.
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8q8f?Way-of-the-Wicked-Book-1-Knot-of-Thorns-Preview

Reason being, it sets very strict rules for the adventure path and for good reason. The only alignments allowed are NE/LE/N/LN. no chaotic no good. And you will notice that while the main evil bastard in the story has a very delicate plan. And while he has no use for the mitra loving sheep of the world, he also knows his plans are very fragile and it is an extremely up hill battle. He can't have it thrown awry by renegades and loose cannons.

That said, there are many MANY chances for players to display their evil sides with out putting the story in jeopardy, should they wish to take it.

OH OH and forgot to mention, they are level 1. They start level 1. this has 6 books and goes all the way to 20. I have them leveling at slow progression though. Makes them really feel the hurt :), and it makes them really pull out all the desperation to survive, which means morals tend to take a back seat.

Last edited:

killem2

Explorer
Entry 25 Mama Giuseppe's Famous Stew

This entry, while not extremely long or even really important really showed the first sign of how this team has started to work together. Plus since I got to play Mama, it was really funny playing an old woman and acting all sweet, thankful, and forgiving to have her end up the way she did.

Remove ads