RPG Crowdfunding News – Savage Worlds, Curious Cats of Mau, The Shrike, and more

This week’s TTRPG crowdfunding sampler covers projects that end between March 12 to 21.

This week’s TTRPG crowdfunding sampler covers projects that end between March 12 to 21. Kicking off with a new Savage World Companion, there’s OSE content, a Pugmire sourcebook, 5e offerings, and some original systems highlighted below. In other crowdfunding news, Tabletop Adventures sued Geek Therapeutics for 'libel, slander and copyright infringement' over the currently crowdfunding Realms of Kymoria Backerkit campaign. Clark Kauffman of the Iowa Capital Dispatch shared the news, giving a partial timeline of events and insight into the lawsuit.

Savage Worlds Science Fiction Companion.png

Savage Worlds Science Fiction Companion from Pinnacle Entertainment Group
  • END DATE: Thu, March 21 2024 8:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $60 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book and archetype set and a PDF adventure
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Pinnacle Entertainment is expanding Savage Worlds Adventure Edition with another companion set, this one dedicated to everything sci-fi. With Savage Worlds Science Fiction Companion, you’ll find rules and ideas for Pinnacle’s signature action play using starships, netrunning, transhuman themes, cybernetics, mechs, and everything else sci-fi. This campaign provides you with a rulebook, adventure book, pawns, cards, and so much more. There’s a 200-page rulebook and a series of adventures inspired by ALIEN, Battletech, Star Wars, Cyberpunk, Star Trek, The Expanse, and Dune. This is a toolkit that allows you to make the setting anything that excites your gaming table. If you want to mix and match genres, Savage Worlds offers horror, superheroic, and other genre support as add-ons via this campaign. If you’re a Savage Worlds fan, even a fantasy-only fan, this book will inspire great gameplay with its new options.

The Shrike.png

The Shrike from Silverarm
  • END DATE: Fri, March 15 2024 10:01 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Old-School Essentials
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $69 + S/H for the digital and print versions of the book, map, pamphlet, postcard, and patch
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This is an Old-School Essentials modular sandbox adventure set in an “abandoned fragment of Hell- a colossal blade dedicated to punishing a nameless God.” By “colossal”, they mean “a black iron mountain with serrated spires of rock and rust, that pierces the heart of the God”. Think rivers of divine blood, megastructures left over from the god and their enemy, crumbling stone, corroded metal, a “roiling ocean, a lifeless archipelago, pewter-hued clouds, seabirds, and pitiless stars.” With pointcrawl and “procedurally generated depth-crawl” locations, 3 detailed dungeons, new classes, 40 monsters, magic items, and a god trying to escape, this adventure is going to speak to B/X gamers looking for a difficult challenge. If this world interests you, check out the campaign page to see the BINGO card of rarely discussed media that inspired this work as well as a PDF preview.

Echoes- A Shattered Setting and Adventures for 5E.png

Echoes: A Shattered Setting and Adventures for 5E from Dream Realm Storytellers
  • END DATE: Thu, March 21 2024 1:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook and adventure
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £24 for the PDFs of the books
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Two hardcovers offering a massive campaign setting and new rules for your 5e game. The setting started as a unified world shattered into 26 pocket dimensions within the astral plane, each world a hardy survivor unaware of the other 25. Shattered by an evil god, the goal was mass murder but the interference of a wizard saved some of the intended victims. Your character can cross between these worlds, encountering varied societies and monsters. On top of new archetypes, spells, feats, and monsters, there are new systems for crafting diseases, alchemical compounds, organizations, and more. If this idea speaks to you, the campaign page has previews to download.

Curious Cats of Mau tabletop roleplaying game.png

Curious Cats of Mau tabletop roleplaying game from Onyx Path Publishing
  • END DATE: Mar 21, 2024 at 2:00pm EDT.
  • CROWDFUNDING ON: Backerkit
  • SYSTEM(S): Realms of Pugmire
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $55 + S/H for the PDF, POD discount coupon, and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Over on Backerkit, there’s a new expansion for Realms of Pugmire, this one focusing on the anthropomorphic cats living in the cities dotting the Monarchies of Mau. For those not familiar with Realms of Pugmire, it’s a fantasy TTRPG using a d20 variant in which you play as uplifted dogs, cats, and other pets in a post-humanity world. As fantasy adventurers that have dog-like loyalty or cat-like personalities, you can play as the best and the worst of your favorite pets. With this book, you’ll get details, NPCs, cat houses, and more to expand on your RoP and MoM games. Grace, speed, barks, and claws, this is a fun setting for players interested in the intersection of fantasy and animals.
Path of the Aram Thyr.png

Path of the Aram Thyr from Blackoath Entertainment and Gallant Knight Games
  • END DATE: Tue, March 12 2024 9:08 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): A classless d20 system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $30 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? You are an Aram Thry, a great warrior. Across the sea, a new world appeared. When you arrive on its shores, you learn two things: It’s a strange, new world, and you are not as great a warrior as your training led you to believe. This is a d20 based TTRPG with options for group play with or without a GM, solo play, and duet play. Of those options, the book is targeted for duet play with one GM and one player. Gaming wise, that’s a lot of options for a classless d20 system, and I’m interested to see how they present the rules within the book. To be clear, you can do solo, round robin GM, and more with d20 systems, but in order to convey that information, the presentation of that material is key. As a creator, I’m eager to see how this book disseminates the concepts. Based on the creative houses crafting this project – Blackoath and Gallant Knight – I’m expecting a master class in rules and layout.

Chrono Slip.png

Chrono Slip: Temporal Campaign Setting for Level Up / D&D 5E from Mike Myler with the Storytelling Collective!
  • END DATE: Thu, March 14 2024 9:31 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Level Up! Advanced Fifth Edition and Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 for the PDF of the book
  • ADDITIONAL REPORTING: I interviewed Mike Myler about this project here
  • DISCLAIMER: Mike Myler writes for EN Publishing and EN World
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Every three days, the world resets. You’ve watched movies and TV series or played video games where the world loops after a certain amount of time has passed. I’m curious to see how Chrono Slip bridges the reset in tabletop with A5E rules. But, if there’s anyone to create it that person is EN Publishing’s Mike Myler. Beyond the setting, there’s a good amount of content open to any gaming table. You’ll get 64 new foes, spells, archetypes, and more in the book. If the idea interests you, there’s a 57-page PDF preview linked on the campaign page.

SPIREWITCH.png

SPIREWITCH from Dead Box Games
  • END DATE: Wed, March 13 2024 1:49 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure zine
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $10 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the zine
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? SPIREWITCH is a 5e adventure for levels 3 to 5. A widow is trying to resurrect her husband. A demon is assisting. She’s obsessed, blinded to the dangers, and only your party of adventurers can stop this madness. The narrative promises tough choices and demonic fights.

No-Tell Motel- A Single Player Murder Mystery RPG.png

No-Tell Motel: A Single Player Murder Mystery RPG from Bannerless Games
  • END DATE: Mar 16, 2024 3:59am
  • CROWDFUNDING ON: Crowdfundr
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the zine
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? In this single player TTRPG, you’re the overnight clerk at a seedy hotel. One of the fifteen guest is a murderer. You have one chance and 28 pages of rules to determine who the killer is. Using cards, a die, dossiers, and the guest ledger, you have to track movements and figure out whodunit. If solo murder mystery solutions speak to you, check out this Crowdfundr campaign.
Era Kaiju - A Tabletop RPG Where You Become a Kaiju!.png

Era: Kaiju - A Tabletop RPG Where You Become a Kaiju! from Shades of Vengeance
  • END DATE: Sun, March 17 2024 5:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Era D10 System
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £15 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Not-Godzilla and other kaiju are coming to your tabletop. If you’re a fan of the Era D10 System, this project makes you one of the big monsters defending your territory from alpha-level kaiju. If you’re looking for kaiju versus kaiju combat with d10 dice pools, this TTRPG might be right for your gaming table.

Kobold Cafe Brooklyn - Game Coffee Community Round 2.png

Kobold Cafe Brooklyn - Game | Coffee | Community | Round 2
  • END DATE: Mon, March 18 2024 4:30 PM EDT.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Friendly Local Gaming Store (FLGS) in Brooklyn, New York
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $100 + S/H or local pick up for the sticker, pin, shirt, and custom dice
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Do you need a new game store and coffee shop in Brooklyn? If the answer is yes, check out this campaign to support the Kobold Cafe Brooklyn. This campaign isn’t to fund the entire store, but to create a private game room to record gaming sessions. In case you’re in NYC and want to capture a game for streaming, this may be a handy location. For locals, this could be a fun addition to your gaming options.

Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program, and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG, Noble Knight Games, and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

dbm

Savage!
The Savage Worlds Sci-Fi Companion has already clocked up more backers than the Fantasy Companion did, which is very impressive considering fantasy is usually considered to be the most popular genre. Pinnacle have said the Sci-Fi companion will be about 300 pages now, too, though that hasn’t been formally put on the Kickstarter yet.

Lalato

Adventurer
Chrono Slip is really neat concept. I haven't wrapped my head around how it would work mechanically, but I guess that's what the KS is for. :D

werecorpse

Adventurer
The Savage Worlds Sci-Fi Companion has already clocked up more backers than the Fantasy Companion did, which is very impressive considering fantasy is usually considered to be the most popular genre. Pinnacle have said the Sci-Fi companion will be about 300 pages now, too, though that hasn’t been formally put on the Kickstarter yet.
I missed the fantasy companion but by adding it on to this ks I can get it & other companions I missed - which is part of why I backed it to the level I have. I doubt im typical but only about 1/3 of the amount I have pledged in this kickstarter is for the sci fi stuff.

I missed the fantasy companion but by adding it on to this ks I can get it & other companions I missed - which is part of why I backed it to the level I have. I doubt im typical but only about 1/3 of the amount I have pledged in this kickstarter is for the sci fi stuff.
I as to use the sci-fi KS to add the Horror Companion. You’re not alone.

Lalato

Adventurer
Completely unrelated to any of the above. There is one thing I've grown to really dislike about Kickstarters... and that's Updates. 1) They don't happen often enough for most campaigns. 2) On top of that, there are many updates that aren't actually updates about the ongoing Kickstarter. Usually advertising the next project. (thanks for attending by TEDTalk)

Remove ads

Remove ads