Planescape Planescape: Fantasy Taken to the Edge (5e conversion)

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Love Planescape, it was my favourite setting back in 2E, and I am happy to see any content for it being updated and expanded for new editions. I have a big soft spot in my heart for all of the factions but the Sensates most of all...

Quickleaf

Legend
Love Planescape, it was my favourite setting back in 2E, and I am happy to see any content for it being updated and expanded for new editions. I have a big soft spot in my heart for all of the factions but the Sensates most of all...
Same here, funny enough. I DMed for my high school friends a game that ended up being all about the Sensates. At the end they found a sensory stone with a memory allegedly from the Lady of Pain - when she became the Lady of Pain. We basically ended the campaign with the wizard PC contemplating whether or not to use the stone...implying that if she did then she'd become the new Lady. Good times.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I tried to start a Society of Sensation faction cell online using Yahoo Groups, had some good conversations about the whole experientialist philosophy, but it was quickly overrun by spammers, it was just to hard for me to run by myself...

I'd like to thank [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] for the sterling work here. Really interesting approaches, and a lot of effort put in! I've got a real soft spot for Planescape, though I am totally useless at philosophy so I was always a bit scared of running it. Unfortunately, I doubt that I'll get to play around with Planescape much in my current campaign either, since my homebrew setting is Norse themed, and thus any time the players go planar hopping I'll probably opt for an Yggdrasil model rather than Great Wheel. Ultimately it is all the Great Wheel 'behind the scenes', but the players won't get to see that. Anyway, my only chance is if the group decides to hear to a nearby major city which has an active gate to Sigil; if only they would step through! :D

Anyway, thanks again!

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I'd like to thank [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION]Unfortunately, I doubt that I'll get to play around with Planescape much in my current campaign either, since my homebrew setting is Norse themed, and thus any time the players go planar hopping I'll probably opt for an Yggdrasil model rather than Great Wheel. Ultimately it is all the Great Wheel 'behind the scenes', but the players won't get to see that. Anyway, my only chance is if the group decides to hear to a nearby major city which has an active gate to Sigil; if only they would step through!

Yggdrasil is a transitive plane that connects planes together. Your players can step onto it in the Prime on their homeworld, step off in Gladsheim and adventure with Viking heroes, then get hipped through a portal and end up in Sigil or anywhere else. There is no reason the Blood War cannot spill out of a portal into Norse territory.

Aye, but what I mean is that the few times adventures will take them onto the planes, it is unlikely that I'll be getting my Planescape Boxed Set maps out. Nor do I really expect to have them visit Sigil. So although Ysgard will be visited, it won't really be a 'Planescape' adventure, if that makes sense.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Aye, but what I mean is that the few times adventures will take them onto the planes, it is unlikely that I'll be getting my Planescape Boxed Set maps out. Nor do I really expect to have them visit Sigil. So although Ysgard will be visited, it won't really be a 'Planescape' adventure, if that makes sense.

I recommend adding just a few light elements of Planescape and see if they run with those, say a couple of bariaur from the Free League or a member of the Fated trying to achieve the same quest. Keep the rest of the NPCs based on Norse myths. That will let you create ties to the factions that can be used again later...

@Quickleaf, I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for the amazing work you've done here!

At the same time, I would like to offer my help for anything that could be needed to get this project completed.

PS: in your signature you have a link to a "planescape monster conversion" but that links to a 404.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
@Quickleaf, I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for the amazing work you've done here!

At the same time, I would like to offer my help for anything that could be needed to get this project completed.

PS: in your signature you have a link to a "planescape monster conversion" but that links to a 404.

Glad you've found some of it useful. :)

There was a Scribd that a friend shared with me recently. It was a 5e gazetteer of Planescape gathering a bunch of resources from around the web, including some of [MENTION=10021]kamikaze[/MENTION] Midget's / @I Am A Banana's writing, and some of my own, as well as some official WotC stuff like pictures. It was actually well done.

I don't have a link. And since it's not my work (even though some of my work is included in it) I don't feel comfortable posting to GoogleDocs or something like that.

It's 15.6 MB as a PDF so I could to email it to you if you'd like? Should fit as an attachment or zip. PM me if you'd like?

P.S. Odd that you were getting a 404. It's a link to Planewalker.com. Here it is: http://planewalker.com/content/monster-conversions-5th-edition So far I've converted astral searcher, vargouille, cranium rats, dabus, yagnoloth, and maelephant. Plus a homebrew monster called "widdershins."

Glad you've found some of it useful. :)

There was a Scribd that a friend shared with me recently. It was a 5e gazetteer of Planescape gathering a bunch of resources from around the web, including some of @kamikaze Midget's / @I Am A Banana's writing, and some of my own, as well as some official WotC stuff like pictures. It was actually well done.

I don't have a link. And since it's not my work (even though some of my work is included in it) I don't feel comfortable posting to GoogleDocs or something like that.

It's 15.6 MB as a PDF so I could to email it to you if you'd like? Should fit as an attachment or zip. PM me if you'd like?

Sure, I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address.

P.S. Odd that you were getting a 404. It's a link to Planewalker.com. Here it is: http://planewalker.com/content/monster-conversions-5th-edition So far I've converted astral searcher, vargouille, cranium rats, dabus, yagnoloth, and maelephant. Plus a homebrew monster called "widdershins."

Thanks! The link in your sig goes to "http://planewalker.com/content/planescape-monster-conversions-5th-edition, you may want to update it

Remove ads