Pathfinder 1E Paths of Legend: Resurrection

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Beautiful. Thank you for your patience with my nattering.

This should be plenty to get my gears grinding. I shall return with a concept when a leader of the pack emerges.

Happy to oblige. I'm at my creative best when answering pertinent questions either before or during a game. It lets me put out only the lore folks actually want to see instead of creating a massive info dump at the beginning that may end up getting ignored or, at best, skimmed through.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Groovy! Any character ideas?

I am considering a dwarven fighter, or perhaps barbarian. Something more exotic like a halfing monk has also crossed my mind. :)

Djihon Islands are the islands situated at the connection between the inland sea and the ocean, populated by barbarian tribes that worship an entity known as The Serpent. Pirates also make port in these islands.

Are the Djihon Islands populated by tribes of dwarven barbarians, as well?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I am considering a dwarven fighter, or perhaps barbarian. Something more exotic like a halfing monk has also crossed my mind. :)

Are the Djihon Islands populated by tribes of dwarven barbarians, as well?

Alas, no.

Dwarven barbarians are, culturally, a sort of "special forces" amongst the dwarven armies, shock troops trained to strike terror into the enemy in advance of the bulk of the dwarven forces. Archetypes typical for dwarf barbarians include Invulnerable Rager, Armored Hulk, and Titan Mauler. It takes a special type of dwarf to volunteer for this sort of training and they are seen as more than a little crazy by other dwarves. Their dedication and loyalty to clan and thane is unquestioned, however.

Speaking of the Djihon, monks originate from Djihon slaves in Thune. The field slaves developed an elaborate dance to disguise the combat training they were practicing, using farm implements and their own bodies as weapons. This dance, the Shadow Dance, took on a philosophical element as well and these monks lead an uprising in 1133 that resulted in many slaves being freed. The former slaves found that they had little in common with their ancestral roots, however, and, rather than return home, chose to seek asylum in the capital city of Turen, where they established a monastery. In the years since, several new monasteries have popped up in Turen and Azgund and have started training students of other cultures and races (including halflings).

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So a dwarven fighter or a halfling monk, then. I'll just wait until others have decided on their character, so I know what'll be most appropriate and decide what it's going to be. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases