Pathfinder 1E Paths of Legend: Resurrection

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Great! I was thinking he'd be around 20 years of age, so he would have some memories of his parents from up to age 7. Their sacrifice inspires him still. :)

I'll see if I can make a character in the next week or so. Would you like me to post it here, or in a seperate thread?

Shayuri

First Post
I'll just throw my 'in development' sheet up here so I can finish it easily, and so you can get an idea of where I'm going with it.

Annika
Neutral Good Human Oracle of Flame 1

Str 10
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 18

AC 15 (10 + 3 dex + 2 armor)
HP 10
Fort +2
Ref +3
Will +2
Init +3

Race Features
+2 Cha
Bonus Feat
Bonus skills
Favored Class: Oracle
- +1 skill point

Class: Oracle
Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, Light and Medium armor, shields (except tower)
Orisons
Mystery: Flame
Bonus Spells
Revelations
- Touch of Flame (Su) - Std act for melee tch attack, 1d6+1 per 2 oracle lvls, 7/day
- Molten Skin (Ex) - Resist Fire 5. Increases with level.
Curse: Tongues
- Gain Ignan language. During combat, can only speak and understand Ignan.

Traits
- Marked by Unknown Power (Manifests as a glowing 'phoenix crest' in palm of hand)
- Sacred Touch

[sblock=Trait Details]To save time looking them up.
Marked by Unknown Forces
You may cast light three times per day as a spell-like ability, but this ability only targets the palm of your hand, and it manifests as a glowing sigil representing your ominous birth—a holy or unholy symbol, a demonic symbol, or perhaps some other distinctive marking established by you and your GM. Those who recognize this symbol have a starting attitude toward you of one step closer to friendly (if they are followers of or scholars studying the sign) or one step closer to hostile (if they are opposed to the sign or its followers).

Sacred Touch
As a standard action, you may automatically stabilize a dying creature merely by touching it.[/sblock]

Feats
B Weapon Finesse
1 Extra Revelation

Skills (6)
Something +?
Diplomacy (Cha) +8
Sense Motive (Wis) +4
Acrobatics (Dex) +7
Intimidate (Cha) +8
Perform (Cha) +8

Spellcasting (Oracle CL 1, DC 14+lvl)
1 - 4/4

Known
0 - Detect Magic, ?, ?, Spark
1 - Burning Disarm, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds

Equipment
Cash: 120

Weapons
Short sword, +3, 1d6; 19-20x2
Light Crossbow, 1d8; 19-20x2, 80'
- 10 Bolts

Armor
Leather Armor, AC +2

Gear
Things!
Stuff!

Last edited:

JustinCase

Alright, me too then.
Edit: Done! :D

Peregrin Badgerfoot, "the Shadowborn"
LN Halfling Monk 1 (Underfoot Adept [link])

[sblock=character sheet]STR 10 (+0) (-2 racial)
DEX 18 (+4) (+2 racial)
CON 13 (+1)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 16 (+3)
CHA 10 (+0) (+2 racial)

Fort 4 (+2 base, +1 con, +1 halfling luck)
Ref 7 (+2 base, +4 dex, +1 halfling luck)
Will 6 (+2 base, +3 wis, +1 halfling luck)

AC 18 (+4 dex, +3 wis monk, +1 size)
Hit Dice 1d8+1
HP 9

BAB +0
Flurry of Blows (base): -1/-1
Attack (kama): melee +4 (1d4)
Attack (unarmed): melee +4 (1d4)
Attack (shuriken): ranged +4 (1)

CMB: -1 (BAB +0, strength +0, size -1)
CMD: 16 (BAB +0, strength +0, dex +4, wis +3 [monk], size -1)

Favored class:
Monk (gains 1 skill point per level in monk)

Languages: common, halfling, goblin

[sblock=Halfling racial features]- Abilities: dexterity +2, charisma +2, strength -2
- Small size: +1 size bonus to AC, +1 size bonus on attack rolls, -1 penalty on CMB and CMD, +4 size bonus on Stealth
- Slow speed: 20 feet base speed
- Fearless: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against fear
- Halfling Luck: +1 racial bonus on saving throws
- Keen Senses: +2 racial bonus on Perception
- Sure-Footed: +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb
- Weapon Familiarity: proficient with slings, treat weapons with the word "halfling" in its name as martial weapons
- Languages: automatic languages common and halfling; bonus language options are dwarven, elven, gnome, goblin[/sblock]

[sblock=Monk class features]- Weapon and armor proficiency: club, crossbow (light or heavy), dagger, handaxe, javelin, kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shortspear, short sword, shuriken, siangham, sling, spear. Not proficient with armor or shields.
- AC bonus: adds wisdom modifier to AC and CMD; starting at level 4, gains bonus to AC and CMD.
- Flurry of Blows: Make an additional attack with -2 penalty, using monk level as base attack bonus.
- Unarmed strike: Gains Improved Unarmed Strike as bonus feat; damage 1d4 (small).
- Underfoot Grace (Underfoot Adept racial archetype): When using the Acrobatics skill to avoid attacks of opportunity by moving through a threatened area or an enemy's space, he only takes a -5 penalty when doing so at full speed, instead of the normal -10 penalty. This ability replaces the bonus feat gained at 1st level.
- Bonus feat: At 2nd level and every 4th level thereafter, a monk gains a bonus feat from the list. (Not at 1st level, because of the Underfoot Grace ability.)
- Underfoot Trip (Underfoot Adept racial archetype): At 1st level, an underfoot adept learns a number of maneuvers and grabs that can cause even the largest opponents to stumble and fall. He gains Improved Trip as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the requirements. At 4th level, and every four levels thereafter, he acts as if he is one size larger for the purposes of determining the maximum size of creatures he can trip and when determining his CMB and CMD for purposes of a trip combat maneuver. This ability replaces stunning fist.[/sblock]

Feats:
- Weapon Finesse
- Improved Unarmed Strike (monk)
- Improved Trip (Underfoot Adept)

Skills:
(4+int) plus 1 per level in favored class = 6 skill points
- Acrobatics +10 (1 rank, +3 class skill, +2 sure-footed)
- Climb +6 (1 rank, +3 class skill, +2 sure-footed)
- Escape Artist +8 (1 rank, +3 class skill)
- Perception +9 (1 rank, +3 class skill, +2 keen senses)
- Perform (dance) +4 (1 rank, +3 class skill)
- Stealth +12 (1 rank, +3 class skill, +4 size)

Equipment:
starting gold: 40 gp (1d6*10=)
- 2x kama (4 gp)
- 50x shuriken (10 gp)
- sack (0.1 gp)
- rope, silk, 50 ft (10 gp)
- rations, 6 days (3 gp)
- acid, flask (10 gp)
- 2 gp, 9 sp[/sblock]

[sblock=appearance and background]Appearance:
At first glance, Peregrin Badgerfoot looks like your average halfling: slim-framed and small of stature, inquisitive silver eyes, obsidian hair tied in a ribbon on the back of his head. A closer look, however, reveals that his skin is more greyish than is the norm, and at certain times his eyes turn pitch black.
Walking barefoot and clad in faded black monk robes that leave his arms exposed, Peregrin is unremarkably dressed. Twin kamas hang on his hips, tied to a simple belt; several shuriken are tucked in his clothes, unseen. A sack containing his other possessions is slung casually over his shoulder.

Personality:
As a monk of the Shadow Dance, Peregrin has a more serious demeanour than most halflings, seeing balance and compassion as important parts of life. This means he is more often listening than talking, more observing than drawing attention to himself.
Every day before dawn, Peregrin performs his ritual dance, incorporating mock attacks and evasive manoeuvres, keeping his body in shape. His fighting style focuses on tripping larger opponents and defensive movements.

Background:
As the only child of Tom Badgerfoot and Rosalyn Thistlemoon, Peregrin was loved and, fair enough, spoiled rotten by his parents. As a former assassin, his father was one of the first to be redeemed by the newly ascended Lord of Shadows and he became a fierce advocate of the path of righteousness. Therefore it was only natural that he, along with his loving wife, sacrificed himself repairing the barrier between this world and the Nothing.
Somehow seven-year-old Peregrin was touched by the Shadow World during his parents’ sacrifice, changing the child’s appearance drastically. Blonde curly hair turned into sleek black strands; sun touched skin turned ashen grey; sparkling green eyes turned silvery black.
Seeing this as a sign form the Lord of Shadows himself, a former Djihon slave named the child “the Shadowborn” and took him to a nearby monastery, to be raised and trained as a monk of the Shadow Dance.
Now twenty years of age, Peregrin has learned all he can from teachers within the monastery and is ready to continue his training in the world at large. A call for volunteers on a mission deep into orc territory might be just what he needs… [/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
This is what I have so far.

[sblock=Donall Harkness]
the_new_world10_zps51e787eb.jpg

Character Name: Donall Harkness
Gender/Race: Male Human
Class: Ranger (Freebooter)
Role: Skirmisher
Description:
BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall has unruly dark brown hair, often kept in a pony tail, with bushy eyebrows and brown eyes. His face is unshaven. He is attractive enough, in a rugged and incorrigible way. He is not quite 6 feet tall and just over 180 pounds. He prefers to wear darker colors, brown and grey.
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 181 lbs

Personality:
Sometimes boisterous and obnoxious, but when comfortable with friends he will be agreeable and a loyal companion. When alone, he prefers avoiding confrontations and hiding away to avoid trouble. But he can be smart and devious and can hold his own when it comes to dealing with problems. However he is full of pride, and cannot abide challenges to his dignity, authority or honor very well.

Background:
TBD
[/sblock]

Starting Gold (5d6*10=140) - Are we actually rolling, taking average or max gold?

Donall's mechanics were mostly done, but I saved some things pending information.

Before I get into the Donall's background, I have some questions:
1. Looking at Freebooter and World Traveler Trait. That would imply Donall has done some traveling and possibly over the sea.
2. Given the initial premise, is this an outdoor campaign? In looking at starting costs, I was considering a mount. (though with a roll of 140gp, I am not sure I really want a riding horse)
3. What about Drawbacks and Campaign Traits?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Characters look good so far.

Starting gold - rolling is fine. If you get less than the average amount, just take the average.

Links to PRD entries for anything not from the core rulebook would be helpful.

Developing campaign traits specific to this setting is still on my to-do list so, for now stick with other types of traits.

I must be derping on drawbacks - what are they in relation to Pathfinder and where do I find them?

There will be some overland travel into the mountains before diving into the orc lair. However, Astor will likely provide horses if you don't want to own one.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Drawbacks are negative Traits, where if you take one you can balance it with another positive one. I originally had Pride for Donall.

Do you need links for Freebooter Archetype for Ranger? I tend to put the Features for classes/archtypes in the notes section of my sheet for my own one-stop shop reference.

The two Traits I selected are from the APG and are defined on my sheet for reference.

Re: Horses. I was looking more in terms of fighting from horseback and mounted combat, rather than mounts to speed overland journey. Even with 175gp, I think I will skip a warhorse based on what you have said so far. Thanks.

JustinCase

Apart from the backstory, my character seems to be ready.

I do wonder about something, though; does one use the CMB for a Trip attempt, or an attack roll? I can't seem to find the exact answer on the PRD, so I'm not sure.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I'd rather stick with the stuff in the PRD for now as there's a ton of stuff out there that I'm not even remotely familiar with. Also, I'm not a fan of drawback style mechanics, anyway. I prefer those to come out in roleplaying, without any mechanics associated with them.

Where can I find the freebooter archetype?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases