Fortunate culinary oopsies!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
An interesting culinary accident occurred with dinner tonight. We had some fast food that came with an unsweetened iced tea and a lemonade. Mom suggested we mix them to make a pitcher of Arnold Palmers. OK, cool- we did that.

But it was a little tart for Mom's taste, so she wanted to boost the flavor with a little powdered Crystal Light...and she accidentally added a packet of Splenda for Coffee (French Vanilla flavor) instead. The result?

Well, it was kind of like a lemon-creme flavor. Different, tasty...but not to Mom's liking. Dad found it non-objectionable. I kinda liked it.

http://m.splenda.com/products/flavors-for-coffee

Any kitchen accidents that worked out for you?

Dioltach

Legend
Back when I had more time on my hands I used to make curries from scratch: grinding and blending spices, toastin mustard seeds, everything. One day I was making a vindaloo, but because I was expecting a larger crowd than usual I was making double quantities. Halfway through, though, it slipped my mind, and I just used the normal amounts listed in the recipe.

The result was delicious: a perfect blend of spices, not too hot, but with tremendous depth of flavour. Sadly, I never managed to figure out exactly which spices were in the right proportion and which were only half strength.

Remove ads