• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fortunate culinary oopsies!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
An interesting culinary accident occurred with dinner tonight. We had some fast food that came with an unsweetened iced tea and a lemonade. Mom suggested we mix them to make a pitcher of Arnold Palmers. OK, cool- we did that.

But it was a little tart for Mom's taste, so she wanted to boost the flavor with a little powdered Crystal Light...and she accidentally added a packet of Splenda for Coffee (French Vanilla flavor) instead. The result?

Well, it was kind of like a lemon-creme flavor. Different, tasty...but not to Mom's liking. Dad found it non-objectionable. I kinda liked it.

http://m.splenda.com/products/flavors-for-coffee

Any kitchen accidents that worked out for you?

Dioltach

Legend
Back when I had more time on my hands I used to make curries from scratch: grinding and blending spices, toastin mustard seeds, everything. One day I was making a vindaloo, but because I was expecting a larger crowd than usual I was making double quantities. Halfway through, though, it slipped my mind, and I just used the normal amounts listed in the recipe.

The result was delicious: a perfect blend of spices, not too hot, but with tremendous depth of flavour. Sadly, I never managed to figure out exactly which spices were in the right proportion and which were only half strength.

Remove ads