The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (trailer)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Peter Jackson wants your money. And he will get it.

[video=youtube;ZSzeFFsKEt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSzeFFsKEt4[/video]

Lol. Gandalf is down and seems to be revived by Galadriel. This really is a remake of the LotR.

Lol. Gandalf is down and seems to be revived by Galadriel. This really is a remake of the LotR.

Cleric making pickup on wizard ... check!

I'm looking forward to "The Tolkien Edit" myself, that nixes Tauriel, dwarf-on-Smaug fights, Ricochet Radagast and the Rocket Rabbit Sled, and other non-canon things.

Dioltach

Legend
I'm looking forward to "The Tolkien Edit" myself, that nixes Tauriel, dwarf-on-Smaug fights, Ricochet Radagast and the Rocket Rabbit Sled, and other non-canon things.

What does that leave you with? Dwarves singing songs? I'm not sure that would make for a great movie.

Don't forget that a good book can't simply be adapted to the big screen without significant changes, particularly in this day and age. People have high expectations of epic fantasy movies, and much as I enjoy reading The Hobbit, as straight adaptation would have been a sad letdown after the visual spectacle of the Lord of the Rings movies.

What does that leave you with? Dwarves singing songs? I'm not sure that would make for a great movie.

Don't forget that a good book can't simply be adapted to the big screen without significant changes, particularly in this day and age. People have high expectations of epic fantasy movies, and much as I enjoy reading The Hobbit, as straight adaptation would have been a sad letdown after the visual spectacle of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Don't forget they also cut out stuff from LotR due to how long it was taking to end..meaning the cut out The Shire due to be too long already, and also with The Hobbit some of what is added is gleaned from some of Tolkien's other works. The Hobbit is also shorter than some of the Harry Potter books

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Cleric making pickup on wizard ... check!

Lol, you'll get the super long version, four more hours of non-canon material that Jackson had to cut out. Basically, he wanted to make fourth film that is just the ending.

Right. He didn't need to add all that crap to make the movies; he would have been better served cutting a few things to tighten up the storyline. The Beorn sequence would be my recommendation -- go from the Eagles to the forest to shorten things. There's enough in the base story to cater to everyone's action needs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases