(5e) Art Domain

the Jester

Legend
I'm working on a divine domain of Art for my campaign, and I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a few of the spells the cleric always gets to prepare (at this point I only need a 4th and 5th level spell and I'm done with that part).

Any suggestions?

I'm assuming that we'll have a stone shape at 3rd level and wood shape at 2nd level in the PH; but I wouldn't bet on wood shape, and stone shape might come in at a slightly different level.

Anyway, here are my choices so far, several of which are homebrews or converted from earlier sources.

Cleric Level --- Spells
1st --- paint memory, silent image
3rd --- Alustriel's banner, wood shape
5th --- major image, stone shape
7th --- glyph of fascination, ?
9th --- captivating art, ?

the Jester

Legend
For reference, here are the 3e and 4e versions of the Art domain in my campaign.

Players Guide to Cydra v 3.5.2 said:
ART
Granted Power: You get a +2 competence bonus on any Craft check to make a work of art or on any Perform check to perform a work of art.

Spells:
1- Paint Memory
2- Alustriel's Banner
3- Stone Shape
4- Major Image
5- Advanced Illusion
6- Programmed Illusion
7- Captivating Art
8- True Creation (from Defenders of the Faith)
9- Alter Reality

(Pant Memory and Captivating Art are custom. Alter Reality is a custom conversion of the 7th level illusionist spell of the same name from 1e. Alustriel's Banner is a custom conversion of a 2e (? I think) Forgotten Realms spell. The short versions:

Paint Memory- Make an illusory perfect replica of something you have seen, so that you could, for example, read a note that you only got a glance at;

Captivating Art- Nearby creatures are fascinated by an enchanted work and can't do anything but admire it;

Alter Reality- Use a paintbrush to change reality around you;

Alustriel's Banner- Make an illusory giant sign or banner, possibly even glowing.)

4e notes for my forthcoming urban campaign said:
ART
The domain of Art is of concern to artists, players, musicians, storytellers and so forth. Sometimes gods with portfolios over illusion or trickery will also grant access to the Art domain. Art can bring joy to the miserable, can speak truth in cases where no one else dares, and can help an individual share tales with later generations.

POWER OF ART [Domain]

Prerequisite: Any divine class, must worship a deity of the Art domain

Benefit: You gain a +2 feat bonus to Bluff checks. In addition, when you use a power associated with this feat, you may choose to give the attack the Illusion and Psychic keywords and change its damage type to psychic. If you do so, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll

Powers: Bolstering strike (paladin PH), bond of censure (avenger DP), righteous brand (cleric PH), visions of blood (invoker DP), word of binding (runepriest PH3).

ARTISTIC IMAGE [Domain]

Prerequisite: Channel Divinity class feature, must worship a deity of the Art domain

Benefit: You gain the Channel Divinity power artistic image.

Channel Divinity: Artistic Image --- Feat Power
With divine energy, you create an ephemeral work of art.
Encounter --- Divine, Illusion
Minor Action --- Close burst 5
Effect: You create a translucent stationary visual illusion filling one square in the burst. This illusion lasts until the end of your next turn. The illusion has a great deal of detail, but is obviously illusory.
Sustain Minor: The image persists until the end of your next turn.

the Jester

Legend
Here are the other features I've got so far for the 5e version. I am also having trouble thinking of a good 17th level feature. Any suggestions?

BONUS PROFICIENCY
When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain proficiency with one type of artisan tools of your choice.

ARTIST'S EXPERTISE
Also starting at 1st level, whenever you make an ability check to create or perform a work of art that you may add your proficiency bonus to, you instead add double your proficiency bonus to that check.

CHANNEL DIVINITY: GLORIFICATION OF GOD
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to awe creatures that can appreciate art by creating a momentary work of art that glorifies your deity.
As an action, you concentrate on your holy symbol and choose a surface or object within 60' of you. That surface or object's appearance changes into an artistic work that promotes your god for as long as you maintain concentration on it, up to a maximum of 1 minute per cleric level. While the work of art persists, you gain advantage on Charisma (Intimidation or Persuasion) checks you make against creatures with an Intelligence of at least 5 that can see the work of art, as well as all creatures who are loyal to your god or religion.

ARTISTIC REFLECTION
Starting at 6th level, you can maintain an artistic detachment. If you start your turn charmed, frightened or stunned and did not start your last turn under the same condition, you can use a bonus action to make a saving throw against that condition even if you otherwise could not take an action.

UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE
Starting at 8th level, you can communicate slowly with any intelligent creature through a combination of pictures, song and other forms of artistic expression. This communication takes twenty times as long as speech.

Remove ads