Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Peregrin

OOC: Sorry, it's been an unexpectedly busy week-and-a-half in real-life. I'm still here, though.

Peregrin nods at the words of both orc and dwarf. "But why would Lord Jannus want him dead? I fear there is a grander and darker scheme here, Lord Astor."

Bowing slightly to the orc, Peregrin says quietly, "Blessed be the Ten. Glad to see your kin have turned to Thanyx. I am a follower of Lord of Shadows, myself."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Donall hears someone or something approaching from further back on the trail, behind the group. From his vantage point, he can make out a small group of about a half-dozen lightly armed and armored men, Vedlund scouts by the look of them, approaching. They have bows drawn and appear to be seeking advantageous firing positions.

The lead orc nods to Peregrin, "Thanyx counts no one as friend, but the Lord and Lady of Shadow he counts as allies."

Astor shakes his head, "No, this is ridiculous." He looks at the orc, dumbfounded, "How are you even an orc? You speak like a...well, like a human. No orc I've ever heard of could string more than two words together."

The dwarf glares at Astor, "These orcs have earned our respect, my lord, and everyone knows dwarves and orcs usually ain't on speaking terms."

Shayuri

First Post
"So this whole thing...this thing you hired us for," Annika says to Astor, "...it's not even happening. There's no orcs raiding the dwarves. So what do we do now? Just go back?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall turned around to observe the light troops coming closer to take advantage of the higher ground. His first thought was they had reinforcements. But with some peaceful negotiations ongoing, the scouts getting into firing positions could undermine things.

From his own place of cover, the ranger called out, “Oy! We have company!”

“The Vedlund Scouts have arrived, Astor.”

Donall called over to them as well, “You there! Send your commander down to join the talks.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

JustinCase

Peregrin

"I think our mission is not void, but rather the details are discovered to be far different from what we expected," Peregrin replies. "There is a mystery to be solved here. And perhaps these good folk have seen the dwarf called Kowl Clangadden?"

The little monk looks at Astor with mild annoyance at the man's rude comments. "Sir, I hope you can judge others by their character and deeds rather than by their race or ancestors. Clearly these good orcs are not the enemies you initially thought them to be."

When Donall calls out, the halfling looks expectantly back to the area behind the ranger. "Could this be the true enemy approaching?" he whispers.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
One of the scouts calls back to Donall, "Consorting with the enemy? That's treason. You and your friends got one chance to survive this. Throw down your weapons and step aside so we can execute the traitor, Astor, and these filthy orcs."

Donall notes that the arrows the scouts have nocked are meant to look like orcish arrows.

The lead dwarf makes a motion with his hand to the other dwarves, who fall back to the bridge and draw their crossbows. He says to Annika, Astor, and Peregrin, "The true enemy is right."

The orcs also prepare for a fight, each of them drawing a javelin.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall keeps his cover and pulls out a chakram. He sights on the nearest, most exposed target amongst the scouts. He let fly without any further warning, but the whirling blade missed wide to clatter off the rocks.

Then he called out, “Betrayed! These scouts are going to kill you, Astor! And they are going to blame the orcs! TO ARMS!”

He ducked for cover from the expected incoming hail of arrows in reply.

[sblock=Actions]Ranged Attack to trigger combat & Initiative if necessary
Rolls: Donall's Initiative (6), Donall's Chakram (10,7)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats][URL="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=954952"]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

JustinCase

"Take cover," Peregrin says to Astor, while grabbing his twin kamas and rushing off to the side. The halfling's plan is to stealthily find his way to the back of the enemy and then incapacitate one or several foes.

[sblock=ooc]Initiative: [roll0]
Stealth check: [roll1][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Annika's eyes widen. She murmurs, "It wasn't supposed to be this way," in a small voice...and then something in her demeanor changes. She closes her eyes and tilts her face up. Her back straightens a little, and her shoulders square. When she opens her eyes again, they are gleaming with reflected flames that don't exist anywhere outside of her. Glowing lines creep along her skin, tracing patterns in orange and red and yellow.

When she opens her mouth to speak, what comes out is not any language invented by human tongues. The aspirated vowels and harsh 'cracking' consonants evoke the sounds of logs popping in a hearth, or trees bursting in a forest fire. Flames follow her words, arcing up from the ground at her feet and licking up her legs and skirt to embrace her shoulders and set her red hair alight...though it neither burns her nor seems to hurt her. Thus girded, she began a methodical, brisk stride towards the scouts.

(Init: [roll0] Casting Shield of Faith, and moving towards the archers.)
AC: 17
HP: 10

Remove ads