Smartphone help for a complete noob

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Why?

(FWIW, even dumb phones have had phonebooks for decades. They just didn't sync.)

Yes, but it is always better to be less dependent on machines. If you just use the address book in the phone, you start to forget numbers. Then, if you need to call someone, but your phone is lost, or the battery is dead, or whatever, you can't get help by borrowing someone else's phone.

Unless your company commands it (or pays for it for you), don't bother with the "smart" phone. Really, it's just a tech toy and time waster.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
That's a value, not a fact. I'm sure that you wash your clothing by hand in the river so you don't lose the knack, right?

Laundrey is not a task that requires mental activity (unless you're trying to memorize tags and materials for "optimal" settings). Phone numbers are a memory related task.

Tharian

First Post
Laundrey is not a task that requires mental activity (unless you're trying to memorize tags and materials for "optimal" settings).
Please convince my wife of this because she tends to get very upset when I don't separate the clothes just so and when I don't remember to pull some clothes out of the wash and not put them in the dryer with everything else.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Please convince my wife of this because she tends to get very upset when I don't separate the clothes just so and when I don't remember to pull some clothes out of the wash and not put them in the dryer with everything else.

Hell no! I do not get involved with or interfere with anyone else's domestic arrangements. Ever.
I suggest you learn what she wants you to do. Write it down and take notes if you have to.
But that's only a suggestion.

Asatru009

Explorer
So, what can a non flip phone do that a flip phone cannot do? They both make phone calls, browse the internet and play games. Unless you have a specific need that I'm not seeing, I'd suggest stay with your current phone. I don't replace my phone unless it is broken or lost and then I buy what I need. I do not buy based on some commercial or ad or looking cool to other people.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases