DOCTOR WHO: "Deep Breath" (SPOILERS)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I never like the 'regeneration' episodes much.

I was disappointed that they didn't keep the DW as police box logo, because I thought that was clever and neat.

I was disappointed that they decided to inflate the tyrannosaurus hugely - since the largest specimen was 13ft high at the hips and Big Ben is 315ft high... it offends the paleontologist in me.

I wondered what the point of having the victorian agents do a dramatic entrance to fight against the clockwork robots only to be hugely ineffectual - especially since the robots seemed to have the common dr who vulnerability to being escapable by the simple 'walk briskly' approach.

Still, I think there is hope for Capaldi, and I look forward to seeing where he takes the character.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I never like the 'regeneration' episodes much.

I was disappointed that they didn't keep the DW as police box logo, because I thought that was clever and neat.

I was disappointed that they decided to inflate the tyrannosaurus hugely - since the largest specimen was 13ft high at the hips and Big Ben is 315ft high... it offends the paleontologist in me.

I wondered what the point of having the victorian agents do a dramatic entrance to fight against the clockwork robots only to be hugely ineffectual - especially since the robots seemed to have the common dr who vulnerability to being escapable by the simple 'walk briskly' approach.

Still, I think there is hope for Capaldi, and I look forward to seeing where he takes the character.

Yes well walk briskly is a proper English way of solving things, so it seems entirely appropriate for Doctor Who. Which is somewhat ironic as they made a point of calling out Capaldis Scottish accent, along with eall the other meta-references they were loading in. I wonder if the dinosaur was suppose to be a metaphor for something too, although I'm not sure what.

I think the story was weak because the writers were loading in too many injokes and vague references or foreshadowings rather than writing a rollicking yarn. The robots could have been much better. The clockwork droids of Girl in the Fireplace were well executed, these reboots seemed a little off. The Paternoster Gang for all its potential did seem a little superfluous, although Jenny was a bit of alright posing in her all togethers:)

Remove ads