Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Prologue

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Erevan has been levelled up and is ready to go.

The poor night's meditation, constant agitation of their gnomish car drivers and the rough cart ride results in Erevan being in a grumpy mood. As the cart stops and the fire is lit, he makes a effort to set up at the very edge of the campsite. What can these visions mean and how does it all tie into the gnolls that they dealt with earlier. Clearly, there is something going on, but what?

epicbob

Explorer
Robert Weaving

[sblock=ooc]I'm levelled up and good to go.[/sblock]After settling down to rest his legs, Robert responds : "While it won't make the food more nutritious, I can alter the flavor with my skill. God knows that made my rations go down with less effort."

Brother Dave

First Post
Rolen huddles miserably in the cart, trying vainly to find relief from the headache he has been nursing all morning. By rights he should be enjoying the clear, sunny day and beautiful countryside, but he can't get the images from the night before out of his head. The forced proximity of so many people crammed into a small space and the constant back-and-forth of the gnomes are not helping. He eyes Erevan across the cart. He looks almost as miserable as I am. I wonder if he is similarly afflicted, or just hates travelling. Probably just had too much to drink last night.

When the cart finally stops at midday for a lunch break, Rolen practically vaults from the back and unlimbers his bow. "I..I think I'll see if I can find any game. I'll be back within the hour whether I find anything or not." Picking a direction at random, he heads away from the road. While he is a decent shot with his bow, he is no hunter, so he doesn't really expect to come back with anything. He's far more interested in finding someplace quiet to think.

[sblock]Rolen isn't familiar with the area so doesn't stray too far from the cart. If he stumbles across some game he will take a shot. Otherwise he'll head back before an hour has passed and resume his place in the cart for the next leg of the journey, probably in a much better frame of mind. Let me know if you need any wisdom (survival) or attack rolls, etc. Or feel free to make them yourself if you want to speed things along.[/sblock]

Li Shenron

Legend
[OOC: Once everyone has leveled up I'll start Chapter 1 in a new thread. So far I think Rolen and Miri have leveled up (not sure if Miri has rolled her 2nd level hit dice?). We can carry on with some roleplay in this thread to keep the momentum going until everyone's ready for chapter 1.]

[OoC: yes I have, I put the link to the HP roll but I forgot to add them to the character sheet... I'll add them now]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Rolen and Renestrae quietly move into the trees, bows drawn, searching for something to add to the pot. They have not got far before they spy a hare disappearing down a well-used burrow at the base of a fallen tree.

Although they have little in the way of hunting skill, Rolen half-remembers how his wood elven friends set up simple animal snares when they were little, and soon he has a crude trap baited with some herbs and weeds that he hopes will attract the hare.

The two elves hide themselves a short distance away and their efforts are soon rewarded when they hear the snare being sprung - a large hare has been caught by the paw. A few hours patience nets them another hare using the same method.

----------

Robert meanwhile is busy weaving cantrips over the bubbling pot of stew, to the amusement of James and the resentment of Jenna.

"Nothing wrong with my stew... doesn't need magic to make it taste good..."
she mutters to herself.

Remove ads